Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals new to electric vehicles and been reading through the forum. Looking to pick up a Mercedes b class electric next week but starting to get a little worried for the lack of rapid charge. Any real life experiences here?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I hope you get many helpful hints from here. I've no real life experience of the B Class, however -
The only time rapid charge is really needed is for longer journeys. If you are driving less than 70 or 80 miles a day then you'll probably be ok with just the overnight charging at home.
If you expect to be doing longer journeys on a regular basis then you might want to go for a car with rapid charge capability or a hybrid/plug in hybrid (PHEV) instead.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I have really mulled this over and at the moment I will not go anywhere near the 80+ miles a day in fact on average I do 20 miles so all ok there. I can't think of anytimes I would of needed a rapid charge in the past year or so but worried about limiting myself by not buy a EV with a rapid charge function.

On a side not and elwhile I think about it what is the best electric tariff to be on? I am home all day and have three kids 2 at school one preschool. Was looking at economy 7 bit with being at home all day not sure I could really save. Then came across economy 10 anyone use this at all?

Tia

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Personally I would not have one due to the lack of fast charging. I'd rather have an ENV 7 seater.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts