Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will get some more pictures, but wow!

Finally full screen Navi, USB music, etc.

the 3 section screen is gone, and good riddance!

below the default screen when starting, there is this fuzzy interface between the music and the map.
(this is not the full screen media display nor the full screen navi)
20201210_162602.jpg

here's the radio:
20201210_162734.jpg

what you see when you adjust the climate control air outlets
20201210_163103.jpg

I'll do some more tomorow, the navi screen, the usb media, etc.

finally! what an improvement!

·
Registered
Eniro 4+
75 Posts
Looks intriguing for sure!

I hope my incoming 4+ can be updated to this. Following with interest......

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
256 Posts
Obviously you have never been inside of some recent Audi, VW or Mercedes cars (just to name a few) with digital cockpit setup........here you can see 2015 MB digital cockpit

·
Registered
682 Posts
Just had my 4+ updated. Has anyone worked out how to get UVO working with anything other than the guest profile? I was trying to make my own profile but it won't recognize my mobile number to send the UVO code. Says it's not registered.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just had my 4+ updated. Has anyone worked out how to get UVO working with anything other than the guest profile? I was trying to make my own profile but it won't recognize my mobile number to send the UVO code. Says it's not registered.
I think you have to use the international format, so +447xxxxxxxxx. Hold down the * button to get the + symbol.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+
82 Posts
I have just come back from the dealers and they said i have already got the latest software update for my e-Niro 4+, which i know is incorrect as the new version has a pinkish screen and there is an entertainment manual 2.0

Is anyone in the UK able to add some screenshot of there update, as the Kia garage in Northampton insist they have the latest version, i beleive they have not downloaded the latest version on their system.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Padrino,

This forum is about Niro EV, which you apparently do not even own. This is not a Mercedes nor an Audi, so no rational person expects the same level of technology or quality.

I do indeed own a Mercedes SL and a twin turbo A8L with the 4 liter, so what? I don't expect my Niro to be as good. Let's be happy for the significant improvement in the user interface and keep our trolling to ourselves.

This indeed was a great improvement in the user interface, much better utilization of the large screen, chopping it into 3 small boxes was pretty goofy.

Greg

·
Registered
256 Posts
Of course you do Mr Elmassian, good on you.👍

I will remember the next time I want to post something on a public forum to ask your permission first Big Brother.....

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your post was unhelpful and has nothing to do with the Niro. Instead of being happy with the improvement you have to denigrate the product. Yes, maybe you should ask permission when you post unhelpful things about a car you don't even own.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Your post was unhelpful and has nothing to do with the Niro. Instead of being happy with the improvement you have to denigrate the product. Yes, maybe you should ask permission when you post unhelpful things about a car you don't even own.
It is a free world brother, you are not the one to tell me what I can or cannot do...... I haven't broken any rules regarding the forum, so......I will keep posting and you can keep moaning.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
542 Posts
I have just come back from the dealers and they said i have already got the latest software update for my e-Niro 4+, which i know is incorrect as the new version has a pinkish screen and there is an entertainment manual 2.0

Is anyone in the UK able to add some screenshot of there update, as the Kia garage in Northampton insist they have the latest version, i beleive they have not downloaded the latest version on their system.
Incredible that the dealer network continues to be so clueless on matters like this. I had exactly the same issue with my dealer for a few weeks - they insisted that the updates are downloaded nightly and the one they had was the latest one and the same one I had. I made them take their latest download and apply it to their demo car and lo and behold, it was an upgrade. You need to tell them that you are currently on 191204 and you want software version 200923.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+
82 Posts
Incredible that the dealer network continues to be so clueless on matters like this. I had exactly the same issue with my dealer for a few weeks - they insisted that the updates are downloaded nightly and the one they had was the latest one and the same one I had. I made them take their latest download and apply it to their demo car and lo and behold, it was an upgrade. You need to tell them that you are currently on 191204 and you want software version 200923.
I have called the dealer this evening and said this, just waiting on a response i even showed them while i was there earlier today on my phone the latest version, but still insisted i had the latest version.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have to say, Padrino, when I read your post my reaction was “So what?”
I think we all know that there are many makes out there with digital dashes, touchscreens etc etc.
As I said, so what?

·
Registered
Kia Eniro 4+
331 Posts
Will get some more pictures, but wow!

Finally full screen Navi, USB music, etc.

the 3 section screen is gone, and good riddance!

below the default screen when starting, there is this fuzzy interface between the music and the map.
(this is not the full screen media display nor the full screen navi)
View attachment 138318

here's the radio:
View attachment 138319

what you see when you adjust the climate control air outlets
View attachment 138320

I'll do some more tomorow, the navi screen, the usb media, etc.

finally! what an improvement!
I’ve had the software since the beginning of November, I love the look and feel and like you don’t miss the 3 split screen.(y)

·
Registered
Kia Eniro 4+
331 Posts
I had this problem you must put +44 and dock off the leading zero From your mobile phone number. The Plus sign is found by pressing and holding the zero button, that’s what I’d missed.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
fullscreen radio:

fullscreen media player (so nice to see the large album art)

fullscreen navigation map

new color scheme, I like it, but many may not:

of course android auto still only 2/3 screen

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
895 Posts
Well it may be quite pretty and arty farty with its retro Nixie tubes, but all that entire screenful is telling you is what radio channel you are on. What a waste of a big screen! Sorry but it’s not to my taste at all.
It’s style over function IMHO. I like clear practical functionality without excessive gratuitous garish graphics.

So far at least, I won’t be getting mine upgraded. I like the existing functional style and the 3 panel split is very useful to me.

Each to their own of course.

Peter

Reactions: Xinix

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,520 Posts
@Greg Elmassian Thanks for the photos!

Just wondering, in the last one, with AA, what is the content on the right side? Can you change it?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts