Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a Panda 100HP about ten years ago. Loved driving it, but always felt that something expensive could go wrong with the mechanics. And I don't think it got much past six years of life.

Would love to see an electric Panda. Guess they could base it on the same platform as the Corsa and 208 if the 500 platform isn't used. Give it the classic tall back end and stick as little possible past the wheels at each end.

Can't see it going for much under 20k, but would be great to see that barrier broken - shame the Dacia won't be crossing the channel.

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3
3,533 Posts
I had a Panda 100HP about ten years ago. Loved driving it, but always felt that something expensive could go wrong with the mechanics. And I don't think it got much past six years of life.

Would love to see an electric Panda. Guess they could base it on the same platform as the Corsa and 208 if the 500 platform isn't used. Give it the classic tall back end and stick as little possible past the wheels at each end.

Can't see it going for much under 20k, but would be great to see that barrier broken - shame the Dacia won't be crossing the channel.
Somewhere I read that it will get under £20000 by employing a unique selling point. No infotainment system. You get a bracket and a power connection for your phone instead.

I think that is truly brilliant if accurate! In one stroke you reduce the electronic complexity, eliminate software obsolescence, shrug off electronic component shortages and just provide the bit that the manufacturer is good at. A car.

Provided they get the car bit right, I would buy one in an instant.

I just hope it's true!!!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Just for info the very ORIGINAL Panda was designed as a tourist- rental car with the daily rate x and "engineered" backwards from that daily rental to hit a vehicle price
Hence the deck-chair seats, wafer thin body panels and simple design ( ps I loved it)
Yep, I had the 4x4 version. Brilliant little car which cost pocket change. No doubt the new version will be reverse engineered for montly payments and contracts. What a sad world we live in now…

61 - 64 of 64 Posts