Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While the manufacturer specific forums cater for possibly the most popular electric cars currently on the market, I appreciate there are many other makes and models out there, both mainstream and more obscure.

While you may post about these in "Open EV Discussion", it was suggested to me to create a new forum here, and monitor what makes and models then may warrant their own sub-forum. If and when that happens, I will move the appropriate discussions over for clarity and ease.

Paul :)

You can request specific forums if your needs are not being met in the following thread: http://speakev.com/threads/specific-manufacturer-forum-requests.185/

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi

With the Toyota bZ4X getting closer to arrival could we please we have a Toyota Forum for those of us who are genuinely interested in the car. As I have witnessed a uite a bit of animosity toward Toyota in general by some of the EV community maybe have two sub groups , “bZ4X” for those who wish to comment on the car and “ General Toyota Discussion”, (AKA Have a pop at Toyota) for those who wish to share their thoughts on the company , but not necessarily the car itself? That should satisfy everyone and avoid threads being highjacked or taken off course .

Thanks.

Andy

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
37,940 Posts
Hi

With the Toyota bZ4X getting closer to arrival could we please we have a Toyota Forum for those of us who are genuinely interested in the car. As I have witnessed a uite a bit of animosity toward Toyota in general by some of the EV community maybe have two sub groups , “bZ4X” for those who wish to comment on the car and “ General Toyota Discussion”, (AKA Have a pop at Toyota) for those who wish to share their thoughts on the company , but not necessarily the car itself? That should satisfy everyone and avoid threads being highjacked or taken off course .

Thanks.

Andy

"
  • First model in Toyota’s new bZ – beyond Zero – sub-brand
"

Beyond zero!?!?!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:sneaky:

Oh FFS.

They are creating their own animosity. Are you asking us to take that BS seriously?

Toyota, it is true to say, has been a leader in HEV technology and has done much to advance the engineering arts on that subject.

But they have mocked and scorned plug-in technology in a way that has damaged it in the eyes of consumers.

So, in my view, Toyota should remain forever in the pantheon of 'Others'.

Go start up a new forum for that sort of thing if you like, but the origin and timeline of this forum, in my eyes at least, should lead us here to a 'community' view that we should continue to scorn 'early-rejecters'.

If my view is not widely shared, then feel free to modify the site, and let's all forget the past, and never hold grudges (i.e. never hold opinions).

·
Registered
20 Posts
"
  • First model in Toyota’s new bZ – beyond Zero – sub-brand
"

Beyond zero!?!?!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:sneaky:

Oh FFS.

They are creating their own animosity. Are you asking us to take that BS seriously?

Toyota, it is true to say, has been a leader in HEV technology and has done much to advance the engineering arts on that subject.

But they have mocked and scorned plug-in technology in a way that has damaged it in the eyes of consumers.

So, in my view, Toyota should remain forever in the pantheon of 'Others'.

Go start up a new forum for that sort of thing if you like, but the origin and timeline of this forum, in my eyes at least, should lead us here to a 'community' view that we should continue to scorn 'early-rejecters'.

If my view is not widely shared, then feel free to modify the site, and let's all forget the past, and never hold grudges (i.e. never hold opinions).
I rest my case 🤷‍♂️ 😂😂😂

Is there a facility on here which flags up the word ”Toyota“ to alert folk that there is an opportunity to have a pop at Toyota 🤔😂😂😂

·
37,940 Posts
Well, I thought I'd take a look at the video you have linked to, and it is still downloading its 12 minute video, currently at 500MB, and still going .... !!!

Be warned, if you are on a 'slower' connection.

They fancy themselves, don't they, that they need such a high res to show off this side-charging dumpling BEV.

·
37,940 Posts
The video finally finished downloading, at 841MB (for 12 minutes).

I will make notes so you don't have to bother.
  • Presenter states this is the 5th battery electric car ... (the other 4 being????...)
  • Presenter states this is a subbrand 'bZ' (so like Lexus . to @AndyRC, thus still no need for a 'Toyota' forum)
  • Presenters says it was never a question of 'if' Toyota would launch fully electric, but only 'when' (not sure what first line meant, then?)
  • Claims 90% battery SOC after 10 years. That'd be nice if they guarantee it.
  • The battery has a BMS that monitors voltage and temperate 'for each and every cell'. WOW ... fancy that!!! These other BEV manufacturers have something to learn, clearly! :rolleyes:
  • 1 million km battery care promised, if inspected every year.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Light Automotive tire

- Seems there are 'competitors' out there whose batteries only deliver 25% efficiency at -5C. Who is this competitor?
Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot Electric blue

- Not provided with a 'full' steering wheel, it seems? That'll prove real popular I am sure! :rolleyes: Where am I supposed to rest my chin when I get sleepy on the motorway?

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Steering wheel

My video cut out at that point, 8 minutes in, seems to be a bug in the video streaming.

I hope their cars don't shut down unexpectedly like that.

[/hatchet]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.