Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
The best there is at what I do
10,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was passing the Instavolt Hub in Banbury today and spotted the new Hyundai EV, looks really good, the inside had a couple of big screens and most things are controlled via them with very few knobs etc, apparently it will come in a couple of versions, a 2WD and a 4WD with different battery sizes, I think the 4WD will be able to tow up to 1400kgs so that might appeal to caravaners.

Heres a couple of snaps I took:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Looks nice. Have a reservation for one but waiting to hear final UK spec confirmation. Looks to be a Hyundai Kona in the other bay (yours?) and it does make it look an older generation of car straight away.(No offence intended). I do like the Kona and it is still a potential purchase if this Ioniq does not work out.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208 / '22 ID.3 Family
3,756 Posts
Think I prefer the Kia, which I didn’t expect. And in a similar vain I also think I now prefer the ID4 over the Enyaq. Something about the proportions of the Ioniq and Enyaq just look a bit odd - like they’re smaller cars that have been over inflated.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Looks nice. Have a reservation for one but waiting to hear final UK spec confirmation. Looks to be a Hyundai Kona in the other bay (yours?) and it does make it look an older generation of car straight away.(No offence intended). I do like the Kona and it is still a potential purchase if this Ioniq does not work out.
Have you seen the 2022 updates to the Kona? I like the existing Kona... They made the new front smooth, but it's slightly asymmetric with a charging flap to one side.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Have you seen the 2022 updates to the Kona? I like the existing Kona... They made the new front smooth, but it's slightly asymmetric with a charging flap to one side.

View attachment 143140
The 2021 model certainly looks nicer than the original Kona in terms of its front being very slightly updated over the years. It is now an attractive car.
I do however like the smoothed off front of the 2022 model. A bit of asymmetry is not too bad in this case with the charge port, but at least it is not the Gerry McGovern designed Land Rover with the number plate to one side at the rear with the whole rear boot as a asymmetric design to accommodate it!

·
2quidforhalfanhour
391 Posts
That looks great in the flesh.
Still think it's overpriced, but then again I suppose if it "looked" cheaper, it would be cheaper.
Concur with comment about it immediately making the Kona look dated.
On a side note, actually saw an id3 in the wild today- I must say I did like it a lot, was a dark metallic grey with a black roof.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I was passing the Instavolt Hub in Banbury today and spotted the new Hyundai EV, looks really good, the inside had a couple of big screens and most things are controlled via them with very few knobs etc, apparently it will come in a couple of versions, a 2WD and a 4WD with different battery sizes, I think the 4WD will be able to tow up to 1400kgs so that might appeal to caravaners.

Heres a couple of snaps I took:

View attachment 143129

View attachment 143130
It is a gorgeous car, somehow retro and futuristic at the same time. Sadly, out of my price range... I had to stretch a bit just to get a heavily discounted ID.3. Perhaps when the absolute cheapest base model is available it might be getting within the range of my finances, but I usually like toys and gadgets too much to live with base model cars.

·
The best there is at what I do
10,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is a gorgeous car, somehow retro and futuristic at the same time. Sadly, out of my price range... I had to stretch a bit just to get a heavily discounted ID.3. Perhaps when the absolute cheapest base model is available it might be getting within the range of my finances, but I usually like toys and gadgets too much to live with base model cars.

Apparently its got lots of toys and gadgets (y)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Apparently its got lots of toys and gadgets (y)
Whatever toys and gadgets the base model has, you know if you spend another grand it’ll have a built-in coffee machine, and another grand and it’ll do your ironing for you, and... etc. I don’t have enough willpower to resist all the expensive options.

Though, I was proud of myself for resisting stepping up to the ID.3s that have head-up displays (and rear speakers!)

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kwh 2020
766 Posts
I think the front half looks really good, especially looking directly from the in front of the bonnet but the back half just looks very derivative, like an Audi A3 or any other similar type small hatchback.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don't forget their design boss was responsible for the A3.
I think it looks really good. Im also impressed that they've made what is clearly a massive car look like it's only the size of an A3, despite the fact it fills the bay as much as the e-tron behind it

·
Registered
954 Posts
Though, I was proud of myself for resisting stepping up to the ID.3s that have head-up displays (and rear speakers!)
We'll never hear the end of those missing rear speakers 😂 Front and rear speakers are now on my list of must-have options (added to AAC, heated steering wheel, and Regen 0). Perhaps someone needs to start a thread on essential options!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
We'll never hear the end of those missing rear speakers 😂 Front and rear speakers are now on my list of must-have options (added to AAC, heated steering wheel, and Regen 0). Perhaps someone needs to start a thread on essential options!
I’ve learned that I have to reference them in every post now, or someone will reply “but what about the rear speakers?? 😃” So it saves time and posts if I just mention it myself each time. Nice to have a catchphrase though, feel like a celebrity! 😉

1 - 20 of 34 Posts