Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Picking up an i3 this week (live near High Wycombe) and am looking for companies that install home charging stations in this area. Anyone recommend a qualified installation company ?
Might not be a walk in the park since the garage is detached from the house (at least 10m away). At least the garage has a power supply from the house.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you are looking for 32A ROLEC charger, get a quote from their website and they also put you through to their local installer. Mine was £195 + £20 (for a 20m dedicated cable from the circuit boards).

·
Super Moderator
6,296 Posts
Hi
Picking up an i3 this week (live near High Wycombe) and am looking for companies that install home charging stations in this area. Anyone recommend a qualified installation company ?
Might not be a walk in the park since the garage is detached from the house (at least 10m away). At least the garage has a power supply from the house.
Try @Thomas_Newby of the pheonix works, he is a member and comes highly recommended

·
Registered
374 Posts
Rolec (direct) or nuCharge or PhoenixWorks seem to be the ones generally mentioned here. I live near High Wycombe too and am having my Rolec box installed by nuCharge the second week in Jan. I have no free positions on my existing consumer unit, so will be £299 rather than the standard £199.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mark....am currently in discussion with Project Manager at nucharge...can live with 100 quid more.
By the way, BMW dropped the price of their systems to ~150 pounds

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks Mark....am currently in discussion with Project Manager at nucharge...can live with 100 quid more.
By the way, BMW dropped the price of their systems to ~150 pounds
Yep, unfortunately the BMW box is far too big for where my charger is going. It's also a bit flashy to go on the exterior wall of a house imo. Fine in a garage though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts