Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if a thread like this exists, I didn't spot one.

Just collected my Tour yesterday and I'm finding all the little questions I need to ask.

1 - why is there no way to change the speed limit sign display to stay in miles when you cross a border? Even with all units set to miles, when I drive into ROI, the little red circle changes to a 100 which of course is km. Directly below that 100 it says mph which refers to the actual speed.

Why on God's name would I want to know what the limit is in km, given that my speedometer, all units, and my brain are working in miles??

2 - is the android app just crap? I don't have a separate option to heat my steering wheel, and the car image is left hand drive with no option to change it. From what I gather this is an android only fault, ios works.

3 - the lack of battery % without digging into the vehicle menu is annoying.

4 - I don't want to know my mph charging speed. I want to know my kW charge rate.

5 - I have the option to dip my passengers mirror on reverse, but I have to select it each and every time. Is it too much to ask for the option to always dip, never dip, or dip when I manually select it?

6 - HUD position. When I adjust up or down arrows move the display up and down. Left and right though have zero affect. Am I missing something? My HUD looks slightly slanted to the left.

7 - do I really need to be informed every time I cross an international border? Interesting the first time, but when you live in one country and commute daily to another, its going to get tedious...

That said... I love this bloody car.

·
Registered
825 Posts
3. No.
4. No.
Both a bit annoying - simple option to have % instead of charge bars on the drivers display would help (like on a phone display for example).

same with 4 a bit… though you get to work out the charge rate for yourself after a while… once it goes into miles per min you’re at 50kw or better… 49-50mph is 11kw, 30 is 7kw, 9 on the granny charger…

I can see how the border thing is a pain though… for the once every 3 years (on average) I drive in/out of the UK it wouldn’t matter but every day etc…

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6 and 7 now resolved.

I was looking at the HUD adjustment wrong. Thought the tilt would bring the left and right sides forward back, now realising that they're tilting the sides up/down.

7, in the navigation settings there is an option to turn that border crossing notice off. Thank God for that, I cross the border at least twice a day and often more!

·
Registered
VW ID3
145 Posts
For the charging display, yes I'd prefer kW but easy enough to just divide by 4:

So
28mph = 7kW
200 mph = 50kW

Not sure if it's using a hard coded 4 mi/kWh estimate, or based on your last trip efficiency ?

Reactions: DrPhil

·
Registered
142 Posts
2 - The Android app is behind the iOS one in version numbers (not sure if they're supposed to correspond mind). It's annoying as there are some features in the iOS app not in the android one, but then the app is pretty rubbish anyway. Pretty much the only thing I use it for is to see the battery SOC.

·
Registered
VW ID3
145 Posts
The Tronity app will show live kW while charging, and also nice charge graphs

This on an Osprey/engenie 50kW:

Reactions: motmot
1 - 7 of 7 Posts