·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
On paper, €34,900 translates to £31,500, so hopefully £28,000 after PICG. Then you PCP it to get, maybe, a dealer discount, & cash-in the PCP a few days later. What might it cost then?

ev-database.uk lists the 39 kWh Kona at £27,250. Why should new Ioniq be hugely more?
But autotrader shows a new 39 kWh Kona "from £30,750". Is that after the PICG is deducted?

I'm interested, as I think it's a viable replacement for my Ampera and just has the range I need to do my regular 160 mile trips non-stop. M3 isn't a hatch, and I don't like the Suv style Kona/Niro, so what else is there?

Ampera kerb weight is 1721 kg, electric motors 150 hp.
New Ioniq kerb weight 1420 kg, electric motor 136 hp. WLTP = 182.7 miles.
I think it should be as quick & nippy as the Ampera is!

Kona 39 kWh does 0-60 in 9.7 secs, pretty much the same as Ampera.
Kona 39 kWh WLTP is 180 miles. Weight empty 1535 kg.

So it looks to be fractionally lighter, and fractionally more aerodynamic, than the Kona 39 kWh.
Final qn for me now, is, what's the real world range of 39 kWh Kona in UK? Winter & Summer? and what speeds?
New Ioniq isn't going to do any worse, that's for sure.

Reactions: Peter Cittern

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope that you are right in all these things as I too am very interested in this car and I cannot wait to see the UK pricing so we can figure out where it will sit in the line up.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Kona 39 kWh does 0-60 in 9.7 secs, pretty much the same as Ampera.
Kona 39 kWh WLTP is 180 miles. Weight empty 1535 kg.
I was really hoping the Ioniq would get the 60kWh battery, until then there's no chance of it being the "main" car in the house and the Ampera will stay. The Ampera is a whole second faster 0-60, which would be noticeable.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Not enough space to fit the 60 kWh battery into Ioniq acc to Hyundai engineers. Ioniq is 300 kg lighter, so you're not going to miss that 10% drop in power in a car 20% lighter! Oh, the boot space is also 10% larger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts