Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
1,530 Posts
Let me see what I can sort, wont be my Kona as i am off to Dublin on the 29th - assuming nothing major happens on the 29th that could make flying into the EU difficult

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just had 2019 firmware, software and maps installed by a dealer on one of our Ioniqs. Dated 03 2019 I think. Too early to spot any new features.
I think I'll get ours booked in too. Hard to resist new firmware.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
I looked in to see if it was an over the air update but as ever they still rely on the dealership. Old mindset.
Difficult to do 'OTA' updates without any means of communication! I'm not sure why Hyundai didn't take a leaf out of the Leaf and install a GSM modem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am keen to get this firmware update, but my local dealer says there isn't one showing as due on their system. Could one of you who have had the update done kindly see if you can find a version number etc. that I could quote to them to help them find it?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
779 Posts
I am keen to get this firmware update, but my local dealer says there isn't one showing as due on their system. Could one of you who have had the update done kindly see if you can find a version number etc. that I could quote to them to help them find it?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Ask them to update the satnav, that will also do the firmware 😀

·
Life's too short to wait for a Kona .....
42 Posts
Ask them to update the satnav, that will also do the firmware 😀
You would hope so, however the first attempt for my previous firmware update resulted in only map updates being done, and me having to explain the difference between satnav mapping and car software to a Hyundai dealer.....had to return a couple of weeks later whereupon the got it right second time :)

By the way, any reader can help themselves to my Octopus Energy referral code and get £50 off their energy bill when they switch. Just apply through this link;

I used one to get my £50 from a fellow speakev person.... thank you again...every little bit helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having same problem with updates software and firmware. After returning home after first service I realised that no updates had been done. After speaking with them they told me that updates have to be ask for although they are supposed to be free. Please can someone in the uk photo a screen with the latest updates on the Ioniq Ev so that I have proof of what latest updates are. It seems to me after reading a lot of reports that dealerships don’t know what they are doing. A probably no workers there own one or drive one.

·
RupesDotNet
5 Posts
I'm having my Ioniq BEV serviced tomorrow. As before I contacted Hyundai UK customer service and asked them to confirm the latest firmware version numbers so I could be sure the garage installed the correct ones. I received the following reply on 21 November.

The current 2019 MapCare update was released 24th January 2019.

The latest software is shown below:

Software version - XX.EUR,SOP,007.3.190314

Firmware version - XXX.EUR.0.5.332.190102.MICOM

Nav App - STD_AVN_MID.EUR.HMC.190102.8c96d9f

Map Version - EUR.11.47.52.542.101.2(D.F2) / EUR.11.47.52.542.101.2( D.F2/E.F2).

If you would like to book in to your local Hyundai dealership these updates can be completed free of charge for you.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having same problem with updates software and firmware. After returning home after first service I realised that no updates had been done. After speaking with them they told me that updates have to be ask for although they are supposed to be free. Please can someone in the uk photo a screen with the latest updates on the Ioniq Ev so that I have proof of what latest updates are. It seems to me after reading a lot of reports that dealerships don’t know what they are doing. A probably no workers there own one or drive one.
I'm having my Ioniq BEV serviced tomorrow. As before I contacted Hyundai UK customer service and asked them to confirm the latest firmware version numbers so I could be sure the garage installed the correct ones. I received the following reply on 21 November.

The current 2019 MapCare update was released 24th January 2019.

The latest software is shown below:

Software version - XX.EUR,SOP,007.3.190314

Firmware version - XXX.EUR.0.5.332.190102.MICOM

Nav App - STD_AVN_MID.EUR.HMC.190102.8c96d9f

Map Version - EUR.11.47.52.542.101.2(D.F2) / EUR.11.47.52.542.101.2( D.F2/E.F2).

If you would like to book in to your local Hyundai dealership these updates can be completed free of charge for you.

Hope this helps,
Thank you so much. I will contact them today to make sure they have these updates available for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you so much. I will contact them today to make sure they have these updates available for me.
Did you get all your updates done? I am still waiting for my dealership to reply to my request if they have these updates available yet. Their slow responce suggests not.

·
RupesDotNet
5 Posts
Yes the updates were all applied during the service, here's a screenshot. Looks like I received a slightly new firmware version. It's a shame they never release a change log.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts