Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve had my 2018 kangoo just over a week and it’s already . Electrical fault danger has come up . Rang Renault who told me to drive it home ( which seems opposite from what the van was telling me ) spoken to Z.E. assistance who sent a mechanic from down the road from where I live and he had no idea what to do with it ????! Renault can’t get me booked in until end of March and can’t provide a car for me . Seems an absolute shambles to be honest . The van has only done 3k miles

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,911 Posts
Renault dealers are like a curate's egg. You need to find a better one - @Tandy0 's advice is likely the cure and is the starting point that they should go from.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve put a voltmeter in the aux socket and it’s saying 13.4 with ignition on so is charging. But it’s maybe been stood before I got it

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s strange that the regen wasn’t active when limping home

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve put a brand new battery and still no luck. Not sure that’s up with it

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn’t try as I didn’t have a charger until today I bought a charger and a new battery . I’ll disconnect new battery now and I’ll charge old one . Does it do a factory reset ?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So unfortunately no luck . Had the battery disconnected overnight, charged the original one overnight too and still no joy. Tried to do a slow charge because I read that May work but the z.e just flashes red . Thanks for all your comments and help all the same .

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,863 Posts
I have a different solution; set up senior executives in Renault with compromising call girls, get the photos, then, using blackmail, force them to sack all the incompetent people who know nothing about electric cars in Renault. This will probably mean the loss of 90% of the staff and possibly collapse of the company. However, there is then a bigger probability that when you speak with Renault about EVs you'll actually get sensible responses from them.

Other than that, I think your problems have only just begun.

One week?

Reject the van. Simple. Do it today. This is an alternative proposal, just in case you don't know any call girls you could persuade to try to seduce anyone for blackmail.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah it won’t charge at all . It’s going to Renault Sheffield at lunchtime. Let’s see how long I’m without it for . If nothing else it’s academic for anyone else who has this issue

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So a small update, Renault have looked at it and diagnosed a bad cell in the traction battery so it’s now to to go to Wolverhampton to be repaired. Apparently a 5 day turn around so fingers crossed 🤞. Oddly the warning lights didn’t signal the electrotechnical light which symbolises a fault with the traction battery

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,911 Posts
This might mean that you are in luck and get it looked at by one of the ( @donald 's 10% of) Renault staff who know about EVs. If they fix it the only question is whether they admit what the issue was as it doesn't sound like a defective cell.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts