Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm getting my Soul EV on Tue. But reading through the latest updates issues other have experienced, I started wondering. So, can I get some input from recent Niro/Soul collections:
  • when did you get it;
  • and was it loaded with the latest updates or did you need your dealers to update?

And something different, is there anyway to find when was a Kia Soul EV built?

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Todor. I picked up a new eniro 4 two weeks ago. Dealer said they had updated the software and maps as part of their pre-delivery service so I guess the cars are not necessarily up to date on docking and worth checking with the dealer.

·
Registered
258 Posts
You can find your build date on the sticker on the door in the US, suppose same there.

go to update.kia.com and see if you can get the free update.

I bought the first 2020 Niro in San Diego, California, and software was old.

Greg

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ARB71 I have requested it from the dealer too, and mentioned it couple of times, but my faith in their breed is extremely low. :sick:

Thanks @Greg Elmassian, but I don't think in Europe you can do the update on your own. It is "free" but only available through the dealer who will usually charge you a nominal £25 for the service.

I will check for the build date on the stickers.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The update can be done on your own, and the site I know supports the US, Canada, and Korea at least.

I have not checked for the UK, but Kia announced that they would be giving free updates to all new car owners.... again I have seen this in the US.

I assume you are getting a 2020 model year? I updated my 2020 Niro EV myself for free.

Greg

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Greg Elmassian I have heard the same for the updates in USA/Can/Kor. Sadly, the whole of Europe is a different Kia :cautious:

And yes, I'm getting the 2020 model, it is called First Edition in Europe, but might have different spec depending on the region.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yeah, I did some more research, even the place that charges $25 for the update does not have the UK version.... that is not cool, should be free.

So I guess the dealers gouge the heck out of you for sticking a USB stick into your car and waiting 20 minutes?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul EV
375 Posts
I picked up my Soul a month ago, and it had the old firmware and nav, so it might be worth checking that it has been done.
The old FW version was 190422, the new one is 191122
The maps, old 11.47.52.552.401.2, new 12.41.47.551.401.2

To find the info from the Menu, Press [SETUP] > [General] > [System info] > [Version info/Update].

·
Registered
110 Posts
The old FW version was 190422, the new one is 191122
The maps, old 11.47.52.552.401.2, new 12.41.47.551.401.2

To find the info from the Menu, Press [SETUP] > [General] > [System info] > [Version info/Update].
Thanks for that info !

As I collected mine on 2nd July I have just checked and am pleased to say my dealer had installed the current versions prior to delivery.

As for build date, so far I looked at all stickers inside the doors. There is a VIN sticker on every passenger door and a battery heat exposure warning one on the drivers side end of the dash. On the drivers side B-post there is also a sticker for tyre pressures and a large one which includes the word Date but it has been encoded ;) in Korean characters of which so far I have only been able to ascertain that the rightmost one is a "1". The others do not appear to be numbers...but I shall continue to investigate as I expand my knowledge of Hangul.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@foggy69 any idea when the car was built?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, I'm picking up the car tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get at least an updated firmware, with a bonus of navigation.

·
Registered
110 Posts

Sorry, but there is no data on the left hand side of the black plate. The Hangul is essentially what is repeated in English underneath!

The script to the right of the KIA logo reads "KIA Motors Co. Ltd"...

Oh, and in case you thought I had become an expert overnight, I wish to credit Google Translate...

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Happy to report that I picked up my Soul today, with what looks like brand new firm/software. :geek:

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Weird, there are 3 stickers on my B pillar, VIN, build date and other info, and the tire pressure sticker.
I have the tyre pressure and the VIN (separate) and a black plate as what @Tony Goodwin has posted. Sadly no date in sight....

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
But I have managed to identify at least some of the build date of the car:

This is from a black box under the bonnet, back right side.

Reactions: Tony Goodwin
1 - 19 of 19 Posts