Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was expecting to be able to connect my iphone to get charge data etc but if I enter the VIN nothing and I cant see either option on the media unit.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 2 LR, Seat Mii
468 Posts
No, it doesn't. One of the limitations of the e-niro 2, and I think it applies to either battery size.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 2 LR, Seat Mii
468 Posts
If mine is charging at home I have to get in the car and switch it on to see how it's doing.
There might be a workaround involving installing a phone connected to an OBD dongle in the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
niro2 here so interested in work arounds, its not the end of the world and the bump in price the 3 made just wasnt worth it.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 2 LR MY22
22 Posts
If mine is charging at home I have to get in the car and switch it on to see how it's doing.
There might be a workaround involving installing a phone connected to an OBD dongle in the car.
I’ve only done the one charge on my 2 LR so far, but I found the car showed me the status on the dashboard (not the entertainment unit) if I just opened the driver’s door, no need to turn it on. Target charge level, current charge level and estimated time remaining.

There’s also the lights on top of the dashboard of course, which work like the battery meter on an old Nokia phone.

The app seems to have a chequered reputation, so I wasn’t too sad to miss out on it, although I understand it’s reassuring when you’re using a rapid, so you can check the charge hasn’t been interrupted while you’re away from the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Anahata @mrchrispy @Alexlotl
My first thought is a 'hidden' wifi cam set up to view the dashboard lights and an old iphone and 3g sim in the car as a permanent device.
have it share its wifi and then join the camera to it then I could watch from anywhere wit the app.(also interesting from a security point of view).

Ive already wired in the dashcam up by the mirror so those tiny button hole camera would fit easilt up there and could prob be powered from the lights or that usb powerfeed i have routed up there.

but it also seems like overkill.. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts