Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
870 Posts
As expected there's now a bigger jump in price between the 2 (with PiCG) and the 3/4 (without PiCG) since the Gov announcement yesterday, see Kia e-Niro Prices & Guide | Kia Motors UK
Yup it’s a killer now for the 64kWh Eniros. I’m so glad I got my '4' 6 months ago, for ~£35K. With the '4+' version being already more expensive and now coupled with the zero subsidy, I don’t think I would have bought it now. I would imagine Eniro 64kWh sales in the UK will drop like a proverbial brick now.
Peter

·
Registered
589 Posts
If this impacts sales, I'm hoping that they'll drop the price by £2.1k to get an effective drop of £5.1k

They're going to want to get rid of these once the Ioniq 5/Kia EV6 are out

·
Registered
616 Posts
If this impacts sales, I'm hoping that they'll drop the price by £2.1k to get an effective drop of £5.1k

They're going to want to get rid of these once the Ioniq 5/Kia EV6 are out
That depends. If the Kia EV6 ends up being £40k+ for the basic model then they won't have any incentive to shift e-Niros because they will effectively continue for a bit as a cheaper option. I would hope that the EV6 would be the in the same price range as the e-Niros or cheaper, which means you're right they'll need to shift e-Niros in the transition. However, despite all the promises that doesn't seem to be the direction EV pricing is going right now.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'd like to thank the government for propping up the second hand price of my First Edition :D

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+ Yacht Blue. Jan 2021
138 Posts
Just checked with my leasing company what the cost would be for a e-Niro 4+ post PiCG change.
On a 4 year lease (3+47) it is now £50pm more expensive than mine was 2 months ago.
So they're heaping almost the whole lot onto the lease.
I thought that a possible increase in second hand values might have softened this a bit more.

Feel a bit bad for new customers.

·
Super Moderator
7,456 Posts
Just checked with my leasing company what the cost would be for a e-Niro 4+ post PiCG change.
On a 4 year lease (3+47) it is now £50pm more expensive than mine was 2 months ago.
So they're heaping almost the whole lot onto the lease.
I thought that a possible increase in second hand values might have softened this a bit more.

Feel a bit bad for new customers.
Don’t worry, they’re still coming. 0% BIK, a sensible range, improved lead times and good lease rates make these very attractive company cars. They’ll sell all they can (or, want to) make.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The new rules hit companies like Kia harder than ones like VW.
With Kia everything you want is baked into the list price, there are no optional extras (just paint).
With VW (I had a look at the ID.4), there are thousands of pounds of extras that can be specced.

As the grant is on base MSRP, it looks like Kia need to rip out all the toys of the '3', and make them optional.
Then they can sell under the £35k limit easily.
Messy though.

One of the reasons I chose an e-Niro is that they have made a sensible choice of what should go in, and you make a simple choice about which trim level to choose.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I agree that it’s a messy possibility. I’ve grown tired, over the years, of ‘designing’ my cars myself and it made a nice change just to choose a colour!

I notice that, just for instance, JLR have much simplified their choice of ‘levels’ within some models and have less options to choose from, though there are still some. I assumed that many would go that way to possibly reduce the amount of interaction between sakes and customers but it’s not particularly evident.

·
Registered
138 Posts
And then they bundle options into 'packs', which include expensive other things that you don't want.
Just gone through this with my wife's Mini.
"Oh you need the 'comfort pack plus' for heated seats, and 'driver assist plus' for front parking sensors.
That'll be another 3 grand please."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very glad i picked up my 4+ (company car - leased) at the end of last month! I don't do huge miles (8000 mile - 3 year contract), price would have been £72 more than what i'm currently paying / month!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Spare a thought for those of us who buy their own cars! Fortunately, took delivery of my 4+ three weeks ago. But this is going to hit second hand/trade in prices. Just have to keep it for the whole 7 years, then 😲 Still, at my age, that 7 year warranty could mean it's the last car I buy.
Having said that, I can't see the sense in taking away the grant when the government is supposedly trying to push everyone towards electric vehicles.🤔
Perhaps that's why I'm not in politics.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Spare a thought for those of us who buy their own cars! Fortunately, took delivery of my 4+ three weeks ago. But this is going to hit second hand/trade in prices. Just have to keep it for the whole 7 years, then 😲 Still, at my age, that 7 year warranty could mean it's the last car I buy.
Having said that, I can't see the sense in taking away the grant when the government is supposedly trying to push everyone towards electric vehicles.🤔
Perhaps that's why I'm not in politics.
I think you're good actually as I think it'll help keep prices up because of the bigger gap to new.
The cheapest First Edition is £28.5k which is only £5k down on new price.
That now it seems a great deal because cheapest new 64kWh car is £37k OTR!

Reactions: prawlin

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,092 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Reactions: MetalHead

·
Registered
875 Posts
Yes, it's a new model. It doesn't have the same spec as the 3 - but it does have most of what most people would be happy with.

I have a Soul EV First edition which is loaded with kit - if it were my money I was spending I could have done without a fair bit of it if the price had been cheaper. Not the adaptive cruise tho - love that!

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
870 Posts
Yes, it's a new model. It doesn't have the same spec as the 3 - but it does have most of what most people would be happy with......
Hmmm, no heat pump though :unsure:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts