Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone any assistance would be appreciated.
Have been driving a Ioniq bev since March last year and have been enjoying the experience - 25,000 miles clocked up.
However the range is not sufficient for me so I ordered a Kona EV early February 2020 and paid a deposit.
Originally due date was 21st April but this was pushed back to May. The Hyundai dealer in Northern Ireland is closed (along with the other ones) so I have no idea when I will be able to take delivery of the new car. I contacted Hyundai customer services on Monday which were of no help and told me to call back in 3 weeks.
I notice some of the hyundai dealers have opened on the mainland.
Can anyone advise if the ship has arrived in the UK from South Korea with the Kona EVs?
If my dealer decides to stay on furlough later than other dealers, is it possible to receive the car sooner from another dealer?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Will yours be made in S Korea or their new European plant?

“Hyundai starts producing Kona Electric at Czech plant, helping triple its EVs for Europe. Hyundai announced that it will begin making the Kona Electric crossover at its manufacturing plant in the Nosovice, Czech Republic, this month (March) The plant plans to produce 30,000 units of the Kona Electric per year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, my dealer said it would be coming from south korea; i mentioned would the car be coming from Czech rather than South Korea? Typically I found I knew more than the sales people selling the cars. Do you know if it did come from Czech is there a better/quicker supply?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I think the Czech cars are all left hand drive; UK cars will continue to come from South Korea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone any assistance would be appreciated.
Have been driving a Ioniq bev since March last year and have been enjoying the experience - 25,000 miles clocked up.
However the range is not sufficient for me so I ordered a Kona EV early February 2020 and paid a deposit.
Originally due date was 21st April but this was pushed back to May. The Hyundai dealer in Northern Ireland is closed (along with the other ones) so I have no idea when I will be able to take delivery of the new car. I contacted Hyundai customer services on Monday which were of no help and told me to call back in 3 weeks.
I notice some of the hyundai dealers have opened on the mainland.
Can anyone advise if the ship has arrived in the UK from South Korea with the Kona EVs?
If my dealer decides to stay on furlough later than other dealers, is it possible to receive the car sooner from another dealer?
Hi the ship with Your car and mine arrived in tilbury last night I have been tracking it for the last 2 weeks i no it’s sad but what else is there to do in times like this should take about 2 weeks to show rooms in normal times but who no’s with this currant situation.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi the ship with Your car and mine arrived in tilbury last night I have been tracking it for the last 2 weeks i no it’s sad but what else is there to do in times like this should take about 2 weeks to show rooms in normal times but who no’s with this currant situation.
Mine got to the dealer a week early at the end of February. Predicted first week in March, so don't be surprised if you get a call.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
73 Posts
think ours was on same ship - dealer mailed this morning...expects us to get it by end of june

1 - 13 of 13 Posts