Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
bought a new 30kw Tekna yesterday - with much anger from the mrs. My daily commute is around 50 miles round trip, and will be charging from home mainly.

Being a EV noob what do I need to know about? will Nissan contact charge master for me or do i need to do it? Also is there anyone in the north Warwickshire area that can show me the ropes? I get my car on sunday the 2nd very excited - though also concerned my street cred is going to suffer being 25 - but the leaf makes so much financial sense as i was spending 240quid a month of diesel and 240 a month on my car.

Looking forward to EV motoring

·
White E-van Man
198 Posts
Welcome mate, I had a test drive of the ENV200 and loved it so hoping to pick one up for work... that's about the limit of my helpfulness though lol.
You should get 100-120 miles out a charge though?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,

Over 100 would be great any less and ill be disappointed i think, i can drive faily economically once got 88mpg over 100 mile motorway journey in 2.0 ltr diesel 230bhp ahah looking forward to the challenge

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
US figures are 107 (ignore 155 totally unrealistic EU figure)

25....wow, I'm worried about the leaf destroying my street cred and I'm an IT geek with ten years on you.
Congrats, hope you got a good deal. (although anything after 500/m must seem a good deal)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
It does do over 100 miles yes. When you say bought do you mean you are renting it for the £199/month deal? Don't think many of us if any actually own our EVs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
500 deposit (mainly to hold the car) white tekna 30kw with 6.6 charger, chrome pack and clean pack for 350 a month. so not bad i dont think

·
Registered
758 Posts
Without wanting to
500 deposit (mainly to hold the car) white tekna 30kw with 6.6 charger, chrome pack and clean pack for 350 a month. so not bad i dont think
Not wanting to burst your enthusiasm bubble,but, I suggest you look at he classifieds section here and contact the dealers about any deals left that can be done in next 4-5 days. Unless you are looking at 25k miles per year then you should be able to shave at least £50 a month off you current deal (and more like £100/month off for average mileage).

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Leaf is a great car, I do about 45 miles a day most days with the odd 90 mile day. Be wary in very cold weather that 107 mile range drops to about 90. Went to Portsmouth (95 miles) in it the other day so even longer journey's are possible. I used an Ecotricity charger at a service station, they charge you £6 for 30 minutes which gets me about an 80% charge. The Ecotricity app is a dog and the £6 is high but you don't have a lot of choice for longer trips.

I love my Leaf and wouldn't swap it for anything (maybe a Tesla)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Without wanting to

Not wanting to burst your enthusiasm bubble,but, I suggest you look at he classifieds section here and contact the dealers about any deals left that can be done in next 4-5 days. Unless you are looking at 25k miles per year then you should be able to shave at least £50 a month off you current deal (and more like £100/month off for average mileage).
Thanks for the heads up - ill give them a ring I've said ill be doing 18000 a year i guess We will use the Mrs car for longer journeys that i use to drive. I got the government grant and 5000 from nissan and 1250 from the dealer. Its got the 6.6kw charger also dont know if that makes much difference? oh and it includes the gap insurance?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Drop the gap insurance and get it your self you'll save your self a load of money! Just for comparison my collegue got the magnetic red, 12k miles and the 6.6kw for around £260 last year and that's before all the good deals started to appear.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
This sounds mad expensive...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I cant see to find anything cheaper? its over 3 years (will change in 18 months) pcp. tekna 30kw? nothing cheaper i can find if you can point me somewhere id be glad to see it. even used 66 plate same spec are going for between 26 and 16k depending on miles and spec and with used PCP APR being around 11% it'll cost me more if not the same plus I won't get the discounted charging point at home etc?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes sorry it was on a 30kw, I got mine at the same time lol. I went with the same gap insurance provider as my collegue and that was also for 3 years, which I have handily forgotten the name off! But my collegue @AndyK will probably remember!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nissan said 300ish for gap insurance - found it for 111 online. Also birmingham quoted me 257 for tekna 30kw 15000 miles a year over 24 months rather than 36- so 100 quid a month cheaper but doesn't have the 6.6kw charger - its a 1200 option i think so hopefully will only add on around 40quid a month over 24 months. So should be 60 quid better off? will keep you all updated

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,667 Posts
Yes sorry it was on a 30kw, I got mine at the same time lol. I went with the same gap insurance provider as my collegue and that was also for 3 years, which I have handily forgotten the name off! But my collegue @AndyK will probably remember!
Car2Cover :) Approximately £225 for Smart insurance for 3 years, and around £115 for the GAP insurance. One of them (can't remember which) was discounted by buying the other by about 10%

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So ... with the 6.6 there are no deals available - the only deals are available with the 3.3 ... ohwell

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,667 Posts
So ... with the 6.6 there are no deals available - the only deals are available with the 3.3 ... ohwell
Shame :( I personally consider that a 6.6/7kW charger should really be standard by now. Maybe they are just trying to shift the last of the 3's :(

3kW is fine if you're only ever going to charge at home, or at somewhere you know you'll definitely get destination charging and you know you'll definitely be for long enough, but 6 is just so much more practical...

Reactions: David Cain
1 - 20 of 47 Posts