Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I had a unplanned test drive today of the new leaf tenka and would like to share my thoughts and PCP and PCH quote for a leaf tenka over 36 months with 3k down.
Options Black, pro park.

Cost.
PCP £412
PCH £ 335

Likes...
Very quite smooth ride .
Felt solid to drive.
New style looks great in all black.
Pro pilot works well but nags you nearly as soon as you let go of the wheel. ( I know it's not Tesla autopilot)
Lots of space inside.
Lots of info on the display screens.
Heated seats and wheel great.
Seems a decent range compared to the Zoe. Started with 108 miles, did 22 came back with 101. Mostly motorway . Started with 81%.

Dislikes...
Old style Speedo.
Not as fast as I was expecting, yes I turned of eco and e-pedal.
Map display seemed dated, maybe would look better with apple car play or android auto.
Lots of buttons!!
Cost .

Overall I like the car, just not as much as I was expecting.

Next test drive the E-golf. :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got to see a new Leaf in the flesh and was disappointed that the rear seat don't fold down flat or even close to flat. It makes it a less functional vehicle in my view.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I got to see a new Leaf in the flesh and was disappointed that the rear seat don't fold down flat or even close to flat. It makes it a less functional vehicle in my view.
Could you please explain why this could be a deal breaker for someone. I have heard it mentioned a lot. For sure, not being able to convert it to a mini estate car with a long flat load space is, at first sight, a downer. But is it really a big issue? How often do people want to load ten sheets of 8x4 sheet timber and keep them flat? Load space with the seats down is still enough for all reasonable requirements. This is probably another problem perceived rather than real.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Pro pilot works well but nags you nearly as soon as you let go of the wheel. ( I know it's not Tesla autopilot)
That's to make sure you're paying attention so as to be able to take over when the white lines vanish causing the car not to be able to. At least if you've nodded off it will realise it and stop the car safely for you! You're a few years too soon if you want full autonomy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been for e golf test drive.

Price quoted was as follows,
Options, active info, keyless entry, winter pack.

10k miles per year, 2k deposit 36 month PCP.
£514 per month .:confused::eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Other option would be to lease. I haven't ruled that out.

Quote of the day from the sales person,

'do you really need active info, you lose range because it's an electronic display' :ROFLMAO:(y)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a guess: they're not getting the sale?

Just checked the Nissan finance calculator: for a Leaf 2.ZERO with the same deposit and mileage you'd pay £432 pcm. £5000 deposit and it reduces to £342.

All assuming you don't have a trade-in to add to the deposit.
Thanks Jeff,
Probably just go down the PCH route on a Leaf Tenka. Never leased a car before just PCP but never bought it at the end so really just the same as a lease. No trade in!

They have to get back to me on a price on the E-golf to lease, they wanted to sell me one of the two GTE's they have on site .

·
Registered
137 Posts
Could you please explain why this could be a deal breaker for someone. I have heard it mentioned a lot. For sure, not being able to convert it to a mini estate car with a long flat load space is, at first sight, a downer. But is it really a big issue? How often do people want to load ten sheets of 8x4 sheet timber and keep them flat? Load space with the seats down is still enough for all reasonable requirements. This is probably another problem perceived rather than real.
Sure. I'm a bass player in band and I have instruments, my own speaker cabinets (large) and the main PA speakers (large) and some LED lighting boards, boxes of signal cables and power leads to transport. The PA cabs are each sized at 516x300x291mm with 13kg and then in soft carrying cases. So getting them in place is not like the usual example of a airline carry-on sized bag. The best place for the PA cabs is right behind the front seats but with the way the new Leaf's folding, I could not load them in easily and they'd probably scrape the inside roof. You can call this an unreasonable requirement, but my current ICE can do it. I was already with all of the BEV options resigned to the fact that I would not be able to get my bass guitar in traversely in the rear cargo area.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Sure. I'm a bass player in band and I have instruments, my own speaker cabinets (large).......
Ah yes, we covered that in another thread. Sorry, didn't couple that with your name.

At risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, you need a Nissan e-NV200 van.:)

When I got fed up of toting band stuff around in my car back in the day I bought a Bedford 1500 van. With a three piece suite in the back for other band members on the way to gigs.

But if you insist on driving a car and stuffing half a ton of misc boxes in there then as you say, seats that fold flat would help.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
TBH, I can't think of an EV I'm less interested in than the Golf.
And I say that as someone who has owned quite a few Golfs before.
I've seen them grow into the motoring equivalent of an M+S cardigan.
Practical, but sooooo damn dull.....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ah yes, we covered that in another thread. Sorry, didn't couple that with your name.

When I got fed up of toting band stuff around in my car back in the day I bought a Bedford 1500 van. With a three piece suite in the back for other band members on the way to gigs.

But if you insist on driving a car and stuffing half a ton of misc boxes in there then as you say, seats that fold flat would help.
Well I have a camper. A VW T5.1 LWB but don't want to put fuel in it and miles on the clock for two weekly rehearsals etc.

·
Zoe Q210 Dynamique Intens, Kia Niro PHEV
1,414 Posts
What Car leasing quoting £329.22 for a Leaf Tekna & £348.00 for eGolf. Both on 8k miles 3+35 deal.
For me the biggest issue on an eGolf is the lack of standard heat pump, it is an £830 option!!!!

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Well I have a camper. A VW T5.1 LWB but don't want to put fuel in it and miles on the clock for two weekly rehearsals etc.
Do you appreciate that the e-NV200 is the van version of the Leaf and is available with a 40kWh battery? There is also a seven seat version too so probably customisable to your needs.
Nissan e-NV200 - Electric Van | Nissan
or this
Nissan e-NV200 Combi - Electric Vehicle | Nissan

1 - 20 of 26 Posts