Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after getting all excited about finding and ordering a Leaf on PCP at under £200 a month at the weekend the dealer rings me tonight and tells me the car heading for the showroom has been damaged in accident on the motorway! A number of them damaged too apparently. Bad luck eh! o_O

Or being a cynic and bearing in mind how difficult it has been to track some of the current models down they've allowed me to order a vehicle they were never realistically going to get hold of.

Whichever way tough luck on my part, back to the drawing board and still looking for a Leaf to replace my ICE which goes back to leasing company in November. 2nd hand deal now my best bet. :unsure:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a similar good deal-only to be told they had run out of 24 kw batteries at Sunderland and wouldn't be getting the car after all :(. The excuse you were given sounds more imaginative . Why not ask them what the new reduced monthly payment will be after they have repaired it? ;)

·
Vendor
1,155 Posts
Cars get damaged in transport all the time. Most of the time the customer never knows it happened.
2 of our new demonstrator Qashqai's were damaged on the transporter - creases in the roof and bonnet. Fortunately, they were our cars, not for customers, but still rather galling when you've got launch events planned!

·
Super Moderator
11,346 Posts
2 of our new demonstrator Qashqai's were damaged on the transporter
Ouch!

Years ago I managed to get some photos in a behind the scenes area at the BMW plant in Spartanburg.

This poor MINI had crease like this on both sides. - Car still had most of the shipping plastic on it.

This one was clearly unsold too.

It is possible BMW were going to use them for training. BMW runs a technician school at the site.

That appears to be what happened to these body shells.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
As others have said, the dealer could just have said there was a 'shipping delay', fixed the car and you'd never have known.
So their honesty is encouraging.
A client of mine bought an Aston Martin new, then put it to a detailing guy for a proper polish.
As part of the detailing process, the guy measured the paint thickness and found it had obviously been resprayed at some point.
Aston took the car back and full refund, my point is that an owner who didn't bother with the detailing would have been none the wiser.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Justevs.com is worth a look if you are considering new, nearly new or second hand.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts