Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just found this forum and, as I'm busily hoovering up as much EV knowledge as I can, thought I'd join.

I'm awaiting delivery of a Leaf as part of the Social Trials for the MyElectric Avenue scheme. I wasn't able to gather enough interest to participate in the normal trial but the Social Trial gives me a Leaf for 18mths on a discounted lease.

I had a Gen 1 Leaf on 48hr test drive last year and loved it so I'm very excited at the prospect of being able to use one as my daily drive.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Hello, welcome to the forum!

I'm the "man in charge" here, also a LEAF owner. We've had our since July and now it's our only car in the family (of four) so it's been an enlightening and interesting experience so far. We have the mid-range Acenta model.

Myself and our neighbours attempted to join in the My Electric Avenue trials, but sadly we were not in the right area. I know a couple might be investigating the "social trials" as an option now, so it would be interesting to hear how you get on and if you want to keep on after the 18 months.

When do you collect the car, and are you all sorted with a home charger and such?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Currently waiting for a delivery date (impatiently!). I had applied for a home charger through DAS Technology. Filled out all the forms, was told I'd here from them in 7 days and then nada. Not replying to emails at all now so I'm about to go elsewhere. I saw you had a Pod Point charger, would your recommend I applied through them?

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
We're happy with the Pod-Point, however I have heard some unhappy that the cable gets tangled over time. I've not heard such complaints about the Polar/British Gas ones that LEAF dealers seem to have in their showrooms, which also have key locks I believe. To be honest I like the Pod-Point, neat and simple.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only concern I have with Pod-Point is its size. Looks quite a bit larger than the Rolec and the installation location is a little constrained as its between a gutter down pipe and the side gate. The Polar chargers are similarly a little wide for the preferred installation location.

Wish I knew if DAS were simply inefficient or if they were to be avoided, rather frustrating!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah ZCW were offering installs, and I had applied, but thanks to a simple mistake on their part they sent a spreadsheet with all the contact details of everyone that had applied, to all applicants! The shit storm that followed caused them to withdraw from the free install offer. A real shame as they seem like a great outfit and the error was an honest mistake. A real shame.

I don't seem to have much luck with this, third time lucky perhaps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts