Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
Just picked up my new Leaf yesterday. So far very happy. New Red Acenta from Wilson's of Epsom.
Would have loved the 4WD Tesla S but for now the Leaf is just perfect.
Alastair

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Paul. - General question - What charging networks should one join? Wilsons suggested Ecotricity, so have completed their on-line application, but others?

·
Super Moderator
5,878 Posts
Hi and welcome @Alastair Dodwell (if you put the @ in front of a name it notifies them in alerts)
The cards that you require depends on where you intend to drive. Not a lot of help sorry

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Welcome @Alastair Dodwell. Ecotricity is excellent for motorways and IKEAs. There isn't a network around Surrey, but if you're heading into London, then a Source London card would be useful. If venturing further afield then others become necessary, but you can cover a lot of ground with the Ecotricity card if you're not venturing too far away from the motorway network.

·
Super Moderator
5,878 Posts
Welcome @Alastair Dodwell. Ecotricity is excellent for motorways and IKEAs. There isn't a network around Surrey, but if you're heading into London, then a Source London card would be useful. If venturing further afield then others become necessary, but you can cover a lot of ground with the Ecotricity card if you're not venturing too far away from the motorway network.

Isn't Source London a bit in limbo at the moment, I would recommend Source East as they roam into London and the Middlands as well (or they used to in London but I have no idea as to what the score is today:()

·
Exciting Times Ahead
286 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the new car. I am hopefully getting mine the 9th so very excited.

I have gone for the Ecocticity card and the ipolar app or card. There is also CYC (charge your car) that is growing.

Polar Instant

Both will cover me for most of my travels.

Andre

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,987 Posts
Was in Guildford yesterday and still amazed how crap it is for EV charge points, despite the affluent nature of it's residents. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts