Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm John, I'm an electronic engineer at GE Aviation in Cheltenham and i've ordered a Leaf!!

I've gone for a 30KW Tekna in gun metal grey with the 6.6KW charger

i'm hoping this is all going to work out which I'm sure it will. My commute is 25 miles each way so should have plenty of charge left over each day, might even be able to get two commutes on a single charge.

push come to shove i know that cheltenham racecourse has a rapid charger which is less than a mile from my work :)

apparently my car should be available in mid march which feels like ages away, but at least it will come with a 16 plate :). I have a Toyota Prius T-spirit at the moment well, i say at the moment because my girlfriends Audi A4 decided to destroy its own engine whilst she was on the motorway on the way home from university. So i've let her use my Prius and i've got my mothers god awful suzuki grand vitara. at least it will make me fully appreciate my new car when i eventually get it. I've heard they are having some quality issues at the Sunderland plant.

What do people think of the Rolec home chargers ? i've got them coming over tomorrow to see if it will be an easy install so i've still got time to change my mind to a charge master or something.

let me know

regards

John Lawrence

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you get that when british gas was giving them out for free ? do you have to take it in turns to charge the two cars ?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It was free. The Leaf is supposed to be up for sale! :confused:
I have a DIY charger (commando) for the Leaf but I'm not using the car much.
The Charge Master has strangely got a type 2 lead now :rolleyes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got a Rolec charger - had no problems with it so far.

Also received one year's free CYC use with it which I think usually costs £20 per year.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the advice @Electric Toad I cannot wait to get mine in march. I picked up my girlfriends qashqai yesterday and they said once my car is in i can come and see it and run through the features and things. @NorthernLeaf indeed that was my deciding factor between the Rolec and the ChargeMaster. Went for the Rolec with a tethered cable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts