Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After much consideration and research I'm getting close to the point of putting my money where my mouth is and splashing the cash for a new Leaf. Just my extended test drive to complete to assure myself (and Mrs CW4) that the Leaf is going to be a practical solution for us. Of this I have little doubt.

So, presuming all goes well I really need to know what I should be expecting to pay for my chosen model. I've been on one of the car quotes websites where the dealers send you their supposed best offers, but so far I am unimpressed.

I'm looking for a new Tekna with battery for outright purchase. Normally I wouldn't consider new, but as the 100% capital allowance is available and the benefit in kind is 0% for another year, it would seem to make sense to go new.

Best price so far is £24k, which seems excessive given that Garry got his for £17.5k in January:

http://speakev.com/threads/new-car-prices-leaf.1058/

Has the market changed that much in a few months?

Can anyone give me any feedback on current pricing?

Does geography play a role in finding the best deal?

All thoughts welcome.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I used 'Drive The Deal' to buy my PiP. They were thousands less than any other quote I obtained and the whole deal was simple and straightforward, absolutely no problems.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Any more feedback from recent buyers would be welcome.

Prices do generally seem to be a bit higher at the moment compared to Feb/Mar. I'm guessing that around the end of the end of the sales quarter is likely to yield a significant increase in discounting, so I may have to wait a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts