Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a New Leaf 40kwh registered in September 2018. I've just received a recall notice from Nissan asking me to bring the car to a Nissan dealer to have a software update to rectify a potential safety issue with the Automatic Electronic Breaking System. That's all fine but in the same letter it also says they will be replacing the Lithium Ion battery earth plates. Surely the earth plates are not connected to the AEB system? Is there another issue with the battery which they are not disclosing? What's this all about?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a New Leaf 40kwh registered in September 2018. I've just received a recall notice from Nissan asking me to bring the car to a Nissan dealer to have a software update to rectify a potential safety issue with the Automatic Electronic Breaking System. That's all fine but in the same letter it also says they will be replacing the Lithium Ion battery earth plates. Surely the earth plates are not connected to the AEB system? Is there another issue with the battery which they are not disclosing? What's this all about?
I would have thought this should have been done in the 1 year or 18000 mile service mine was which is also Sep 2018. Did yours go in for the one year service?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
The first service is 18000 or one year which ever comes first. I think Nissan were awaiting the first service to do these two updates the earth strap was rolled out in other countries before uk the safety braking I believe was to do with the front sensor firmware not too sure.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Although mine was registered in September 2018 I only took delivery in October so its now coming up to 1 year. I'll get it booked in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The main thing is you have nothing to worry about just get the first service done and pay your £150 +

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had the same letter too, but I sold the car back in April nice to see Nissans records are up to date.
Personally, I’d get it booked in and have the work done ASAP if I still had the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Got the same letter - yesterday, the morning it was booked in for 1st service. Glyn Hopkin in Bedford said they couldn't do it at the same time, but then did.
The battery earth plates seem to be a problem on all Leafs - the explanation is that, if the earth plates lose contact then the HV can become lethal to a service technician working on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine was done last month, they updated the software and changed the earthing plates, they have had issues with them corroding on some cars. Must say the car works better now, i think they updated other software in the car. Tree's no longer set off the headlights and the wipers work better and pro-pilot works a lot better now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine is in on Halloween for recall @ Yeomans Portsmouth. I have not been happy with the performance of either the ACC or headlamp auto function, so I will be interested to see what any improvements can bring...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had mine done on first service in September, but didn't notice any of the improvements that @iou40p had found.
I have noticed that the pro-pilot doesn't get spooked like it did before. If it looses the car in front mine would just cancel and come to a holt if e-pedal was on, now this doesn't happen. Acceleration isn't as harsh in certain situations as it was before, All i now is nissan kept my car for an extra day to recalibrate the camera and maybe something else???

·
Registered
444 Posts
I got my recall letter yesterday for software update and battery pads. Pretty sure they already applied the software update when it went in for service in may/June?
I'll call the dealers and check.

Lights are still being a bit buggy

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Recall items done at the same time as the first service at Yeomans Eastbourne. Car seems no different to drive on Pro Pilot but it's good to know that any potential safety issues have been corrected by the software update.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In today. They say they've done the recall items, but need the car for two days to do the front axle :unsure:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone know how to confirm the software has been updated? I've got LeafSpy Pro, but couldn't see any changes to version numbers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts