Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,
After many, many years driving everything from 1983 Mercedes 300D, several Porsches 911, few Audi's A4 (petrol and diesel), more Mercedes's that I can care to remember and most recently 2016 Audi S6 with twin turbo V8 and 450 BHP I've reached the stage in my life that all of the above doesn't really matter any more. In other words decided to "grow up" and join the EV revolution 馃榿
As from today (collecting next week) I am owner of 2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav Auto with full leather heated seats and BOSE sound 馃榿. The car is with only 8300 miles on the clock and already 3 services performed by the supplying dealer. One owner car and in perfect overall condition.
Before I've decided on the car I test drove almost everything else except Tesla. Needles to say that something about this little car just pulled me in.
Bottom line: I am really looking forward to owning and driving EV. I have to admit that I am so excited in a way I haven't been even when I bought my first 911. I want to make it clear for the audience that this is going to be my only car, not a second car, not a weekend car. This Renault Zoe is becoming my ONLY car. I know, I know, I need to learn to plan my journey, I need to learn to drive slowly, to be more relaxed all around. Now the last part it will be a bit of a challenge, perhaps you will ask why......well let me answer this way:

A few words about me. Italian who came to Scotland to visit a childhood friend who was studying in Edinburgh Uni, well as the story goes, 34 years later, I am still here and Scotland is my home.

Allow me to introduce to you my new EV love 馃榿馃榿馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I am really looking forward to my new silent motoring life :)(y)

Registered
There comes a time in your life, when ........ !.
I think you know how the rest goes.
Enjoy a completely new chapter in your driving career.

Registered
I hope the EV works out for you.
I once drove through the Andes and into Italy and, compared to Germany and Switzerland, it was indeed quite a different motoring experience when I got to Italy.
What I judged to be a sensible speed in mountainous area going around curves and hairpin bends seemed to be well aligned with others drove.

But as I came down out of the mountains into Italy suddenly cars started appearing on my tail out of nowhere looking they would try to use the next hairpin bend as an excuse to overtake and me wondering if I should pull over somehow to let a few cars go by.

I also took a train into Italy some years before and I think the train was going at about 100mph and there was a road going alongside and a car following the train by driving at the same speed, overtaking everyone and somehow maintaining the exact speed of the train and this went on for quite some minutes. I think he was trying to keep up with the train, sort of racing it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I hope the EV works out for you.
I once drove through the Andes and into Italy and, compared to Germany and Switzerland, it was indeed quite a different motoring experience when I got to Italy.
What I judged to be a sensible speed in mountainous area going around curves and hairpin bends seemed to be well aligned with others drove.

But as I came down out of the mountains into Italy suddenly cars started appearing on my tail out of nowhere looking they would try to use the next hairpin bend as an excuse to overtake and me wondering if I should pull over somehow to let a few cars go by.

I also took a train into Italy some years before and I think the train was going at about 100mph and there was a road going alongside and a car following the train by driving at the same speed, overtaking everyone and somehow maintaining the exact speed of the train and this went on for quite some minutes. I think he was trying to keep up with the train, sort of racing it.
What can I say.... 馃槀 馃槀 馃槀 We don't do the keep calm thing 馃槀

Zoe Devotee
Reactions: Padrino and TomH

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ The "Andes" you say.......Why I am thinking that they are about 5000 miles SouthWest from Italy......or perhaps my geography is not up to date? :unsure:

Registered
All I can say is "Non dimenticare di usare le freccie, siamo in Inghiltterra". :)

I used to live in the Italian Alps.. you'd drive through the Monte Bianco tunnel into France and suddenly people would be using their indicators. Cazzo, che strano!

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
All I can say is "Non dimenticare di usare le freccie, siamo in Inghiltterra". :)

I used to live in the Italian Alps.. you'd drive through the Monte Bianco tunnel into France and suddenly people would be using their indicators. Cazzo, che strano!
Ma Scusa Sue, sono in Scozia e cos'猫 frecce? 馃槀馃ぃ馃槀

I am not sure if my little Zoe got any 馃槀馃ぃ馃槀

Registered
Ma Scusa Sue, sono in Scozia e cos'猫 frecce? 馃槀馃ぃ馃槀

I am not sure if my little Zoe got any 馃槀馃ぃ馃槀
.I've gotta feeling you're gonna fit in real nice with this EV lot! Hope you make this forum your primary port of call to help whenever you want/need to know anything about the EV experience. They are a friendly and knowledgeable group who are more than willing to share their experience with 'newbies'. Welcome to the club!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts