Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Asda store opened in Telford. Has 4 x type 2 sockets. Not yet switched on - due to be next week am told. (although lights on and responding to my card...I walked here) It is 24 hour and adjacent to shopping centre. There is also a new leisure / cinema complex being built. There is a 3 hour limit with number plate recognition. The manager says that you must use the Asda store to charge there. I queried this as is a chargemaster post who plan to charge for charging from April. Effectively you could say we are being charged twice. But they were clear even after my query.

That said, good news as this is the only 24 hour available public charging available in Shropshire, excluding the Zero Net locations.

Note also the parking notice with promise of pcn fine if iced.

20140224_151353.jpg
20140224_151333.jpg

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,452 Posts
I hope all Asda stores follow this signage. With regards to the charge I was told one time in Perth that the customer services desk will lend you a card for a £10 deposit. If this is done then surely it will be the store picking up the bill?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David Ward...noticed your like....and wanted you to be aware these posts only seem to charge at 16 amp....half speed if you have a 6 kw charger on your Leaf. Am guessing you will have noticed the significant charges now levied by Chargemaster at many of their locations...

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
David Ward...noticed your like....and wanted you to be aware these posts only seem to charge at 16 amp....half speed if you have a 6 kw charger on your Leaf. Am guessing you will have noticed the significant charges now levied by Chargemaster at many of their locations...

But not at Asds locations

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Jason. Had not realised that. Is this true even when a separate company manages the car park...seems to be a Scottish company runs it from the signs.

Good to meet you the other week in Shrewsbury - and thanks for the correction :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts