Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As per the title really :).

This would be map coverage of August 2018 as TomTom I believe always gives them to their own devices first before eventually allowing Renault customers to have them.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,169 Posts
Thanks just Purchased the Uk Maps ?
Have been Looking to update my Uk maps which came with the car in June 2017 ( version 9.90 )
the date of the new update ( below ) says 28/2/20 ? ( 2/28/20 )

Also hope to update the TomTom LIVE & Connectivity in June as my
3 year sub ends.
Cost for 1 Year = £65.00
Cost for 3 years = £100

·
had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
498 Posts
Thanks @Matthew for sharing this.
I bought V1011 over a year ago, and don't know whether to be disappointed that Renault have updated to 6 versions behind the latest TomTom version, or semi-pleased that Renault have at least done something.
Just for clarity the map version is August 2018 ( yes 6 quarters ago), but the RLink date is when RLink is updated with an out of date map.
I believe that Renault are slow at incorporating TomTom updates, it's not TomTom holding back. They did V1011 sharpish as it involved widespread speed limit changes in France, and Renault care about France..............

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,338 Posts
Good to know but honestly since enabling Android Auto I no longer see a need for the built-in one. Especially now that Google Maps has the speed limit indicator (at long last!)

Reactions: cah197

·
498 Posts
I prefer the in-built as no farting about plugging cables in and I find the speed limit warning better on the in-built. EDIT just seen note on Google speed limit in last post, must re-try Google maps.

If anyone wants to purchase go for "Western Europe" at £25 which includes UK rather than "UK" only at £40.
Ludicrous pricing structure.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I like the built in maps too and Traffic Information too ( I have avoided a lot of Delays using them ? )
I still have the first Tom tom Go Sat Nav that at the time cost £300 new and now is no longer surpported by Tom Tom maps .
But i still used it over the last 10 years for a trips to Florida usa .( Maps for usa last updated in 2016 )
At Orlando Airport the car rental suppliers charge $10 a day to hire the sat nav , Its cheaper to buy one in walmart .

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,338 Posts
I like saving money and it takes about a second to plug the cable in and say "okay google navigate to East Bumbleduck" :p

Reactions: squid_lemon

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I got the UK maps because I was not sure if the full uk & western Europe would fit on the SD card they are 3gb in size while the UK maps are only 330 mb.
Before I installed the maps I had to recover the data from a previous backup as the Rlink said the data on it was corrupt and that took 20 mins and it then installed the maps in another 15 mins , so it's now all up and running fine.

Latest maps for navigation devices Chart

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,869 Posts
FYI - Google Maps / Android Auto only shows the current speed limit if you're actually navigating somewhere. It doesn't appear if you just have the map live to see traffic flow like I do.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Personally I think If the car has sat nav it would safer to use it , assuming it's any good.
Plus if you leave the phone in the car by accident it becomes a target for a break in.
New rules coming regarding mobile phones in the future about using or even touching a Phone while driving may be coming.
My phone is always left switched off in the boot of the car when driving as i am not a slave to it.
And the only reason I updated to a so call smartphone was for chargers that need a app to start some chargers and then to find out if the chargers on route actually work or are in use or not.?
RFID cards and Contactless Payment should be the norm in this day and age.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
RFID cards (ie contactless cards) are old tech. NFC from a phone with fingerprint or facial security is way better.

if the phone has to be 6ft away and switched off to avoid the temptation of looking at it that seems excessive.

You can hide the phone away and don’t have to touch it and access it through the car interface same as the sat nav.

but yeah I get your point

JJ

·
498 Posts
The V1011 Western Europe loaded OK on my SD card. I can't remember size of files and capacities of cards though.
Not been abroad though to test it out !

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
633 Posts
I loaded the free (for a short time) Western Europe map a few years ago. It worked OK apart from the voice synthesiser not being available, which meant no road names and other details being voiced. So I reverted to the older UK map.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
When i went on to the Rlink Store ( Friday 29/2/2020 ) i noticed that : My Z.E. Connect with Navigation & My Z.E [email protected]
was showing as Free and i could download them.
So i downloaded them both and checked back today ( Sun 1/3/2020 ) to find there both now active until 18th june 2021
as you can see below the 3 year free sub that came with the car ends this year on the 20th June 2020

If i click on the Yellow Tab before and even now ( Extend My Subscription ) it says Purchase impossible

·
Zoe Devotee
9,140 Posts
First person to buy this see if the Queensferry Crossing is on the map, if not the maps are years out of date. I was given a free card from Renault last year as a last ditched fix for the Rlink glitches I I reported in 2015. Map was latest "up to date" but actually about 2 years out of date at the time. Oh and it didn't fix the glitches.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
When I picked up my Zoe in June 2017 from DSG Morecambe
The new road to Morecambe ( A638 Bay Gateway ) off the M6 was not on the map and it looked like I was driving in a field.
But it does now shows this road on these maps ( 1015 ) so at least there newer than the maps i got with the car. ( 990 )

1 - 20 of 31 Posts