Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have owned my Ampera for 3 months and have now done 4100 miles and think it is about time I posted on the Forum.
What a fantastic car :D . My Lifetime MPG is not brilliant at 78MPG because I did a 2100mile holiday to Austria where the average for the holiday including 4 charges I managed to get whilst away was 52MPG.

Whilst on holiday I took the Ampera up Austria's highest mountain pass called GrossGlockner that rises to 2500 metres. The toll for the road is 33euro but you get a 10euro discount for an EV :p. Drove all the way up in mountain mode and it coped very well with the steep slopes and switch back turns. For the journey down I put it back in normal mode and selected low. With all the regen going down the mountain I had a full charge!!! by the time we got to the bottom. :mrgreen: . It did seem to mess up my predicted range though, after the next Full Charge it read 60miles!!

Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

What a fantastic trip to Austria. The White looks great in the snow!

Like you, my lifetime mpg is down to 79mpg. I have an all electric Nissan Leaf as my other car and so the Ampera mainly gets used on longer trips. Even so, a lifetime of 79mpg isn't at all bad is it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts