Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 2 LR, Seat Mii
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've just joined the forum. I've had a Nissan LEAF 2.0 40kWh since they launched in March 2018, and my wife has just bough a Seat Mii electric, so we are now a two EV family!
I also have a Kia e-Niro 2 long range on order - there's a long long wait on those but the dealer had a cancellation on one that is due for delivery in about a month so I'm looking forward to trading the LEAF in for that. Reasons for upgrade:
  • Range and battery thermal management for longer trips (assuming that will be possible again soon)
  • Need slightly more space as we are part of a band and it's a struggle to get the gear in the LEAF (again, not playing much recently, but hopefully we'll be able to get back to it...)
  • Public chargers - Chademo, if not actually extinct yet, is definitely becoming a minority and it seems about the right time to switch to CCS, especially looking as Gridserve's ongoing upgrades to motorway chargers.
I've been interested in EVs and renewable energy for a long time, watching YouTube videos etc. long before I was in a position to invest in an EV myself. I also have a recent solar installation with 8kW of PV panels and 9.6kWh of battery storage. I might not live long enough to see it pay for itself (recently retired) but it seemed the right thing to do and I've been enjoying mostly free electricity for the last few months!

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,949 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Leaf traitor ;)
I am sure you will enjoy your Niro and you made a good choice as the Korean cars are almost as reliable as the Leaf, unlike many others if the threads on these forums are typical.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 2 LR, Seat Mii
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the Korean cars are almost as reliable as the Leaf.
7 year warranty is definitely encouraging :)
As for "LEAF traitor", I see it as releasing a nice car on to the second hand market for someone else to enjoy ;)
Also two friends have asked my advice about EVs and both have bought LEAFs!

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,949 Posts
7 year warranty is definitely encouraging :)
As for "LEAF traitor", I see it as releasing a nice car on to the second hand market for someone else to enjoy ;)
Also two friends have asked my advice about EVs and both have bought LEAFs!
Okay, you are forgiven!

PS, don't forget to carry a large CO2 fire extinguiser for when the battery catches fire.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,597 Posts
Welcome... There's some good stuff here, as well as heat and noise ;) Lots of very helpful people.

Hope the Niro suits you well. I'm about to load mine up with PA gear for a friend's event. Not as good as the Mondeo estate but still quite roomy.

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
453 Posts
I load my E Niro up with all my guitar gear as well, just started up playing at a few Care Homes again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts