Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all, thanks for allowing me to join, let the usual questions start! 😂 Apologies in advance. I’ve had a look at the search bar.

I’m looking to get my wife her first EV through a lease over 36 months, been looking for a Leaf, Ioniq or 2008. We test drove the Golf and although we couldn’t fault it it didn’t get the thumbs up from her as it “just looked like a normal Golf” She likes the shapes and nicer interiors of the other models above. Anyhoo, since you guys are in the know, are there any deals you are aware of on any of the above cars? I’ve been on a million websites so have some ideas on price but thought I’d ask here before taking the plunge in case anyone is aware of anything I haven't seen. We’ve been quoted the following 6+35 on 6k a year - £245 Per month on a Leaf N Connecta. the others mentioned above are around 20% per month dearer. She only drives around 40 miles a day, we have two children, 5 and 7, very very occasionally she may make the drive to our caravan 100 miles away, mainly motorway.

Anything jumping out at the moment?

thanks a lot

Steve

·
Super Moderator
6,295 Posts
Good morning all, thanks for allowing me to join, let the usual questions start! 😂 Apologies in advance. I’ve had a look at the search bar.

I’m looking to get my wife her first EV through a lease over 36 months, been looking for a Leaf, Ioniq or 2008. We test drove the Golf and although we couldn’t fault it it didn’t get the thumbs up from her as it “just looked like a normal Golf” She likes the shapes and nicer interiors of the other models above. Anyhoo, since you guys are in the know, are there any deals you are aware of on any of the above cars? I’ve been on a million websites so have some ideas on price but thought I’d ask here before taking the plunge in case anyone is aware of anything I haven't seen. We’ve been quoted the following 6+35 on 6k a year - £245 Per month on a Leaf N Connecta. the others mentioned above are around 20% per month dearer. She only drives around 40 miles a day, we have two children, 5 and 7, very very occasionally she may make the drive to our caravan 100 miles away, mainly motorway.

Anything jumping out at the moment?

thanks a lot

Steve
That sounds expensive, my daughter got an 40kWh Accent before lockdown on PCP and only pays £189 a month

·
Registered
987 Posts
Shame she doesn't like the eGolf as it's a much better built and nicer car than the Leaf and there are assume great Lease deals available for it.

Reactions: Finisla

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that’s why went and test drove the Golf, got offered a 6+35 for £214 based on 5k. It was great and she liked it but it didn’t have the “nice interior and gadgets” she wants/likes/needs sadly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds expensive, my daughter got an 40kWh Accent before lockdown on PCP and only pays £189 a month
yeah, noticed good deals from a while back, most EV deals seem to be creeping up in price now sadly.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just ordered my wife’s replacement for her i3S, the Peugeot e-2008 GT

We looked at the Leaf but it just feels rather outdated inside. There are also limitations in driving position thanks to poor available adjustment to the seat and steering wheel.

We looked at all sorts of other EVs but the best value we found was a 3 year lease on an e-2008 GT, 30k miles over the term. With the more expensive paint option came in at just over £12,500.

We found it on Leasing.com. Don’t bother searching for individual lease companies - This site has all the cheapest deals on the same cars through the same funders. Often you’ll find brokers advertising prices here that aren’t available on their own websites.

Our deal was through Best Car Finder, a trading name of the lease broker/funder Alliance Asset Management in Cambridgeshire.

We’re expecting it the end of this month/next.

Looks like they’ve sold all the allocation they had, but Electric Auto which belongs to Zenith Leasing have a very similar deal here: Peugeot E-2008 Electric Estate

The 2008 GT has a really decent sized boot and interior space, loads of kit including adaptive cruise control, nice seats and a panorama glass roof.
My wife likes a higher driving position, so that’s another tick.

It’s actually got an enormous amount of road presence - It’s not a small car. The EV version looks quite large at the front particularly as it has a sloping colour coded grille as opposed to the petrol models’ vertical black grille.

We’re not lovers of white cars but it looked best in pearl white so that’s what we ordered.

Did a lot of hunting and I’d say in terms of the whole car/EV package, at that sort of price it’s the best value car on the EV lease market at the mo.

Realistically users are reporting around 160 miles plus range when driving not overly cautiously.

My wife does 40 miles a day (or she did before C-19. When she returns to work after maternity leave end of October, she’ll be working from home) and we have a 7kW wall charger which charges overnight on the Ocotpus Agile tariff for pennies.

In my view, after deciding how big a car one needs, paying more for an EV with greater range than one needs is just a waste whilst price per kWH remains relatively

A home charger and an EV with a 50kWh battery will cater for most needs.

If you want to feel around other owners experiences there’s a Facebook Group for UK e-2008/208 drivers here:Peugeot e-208 and e-2008 Interest Group

·
Registered
452 Posts
My advice would be to go for the greatest kWh you can afford, test dive all the ones you are considering then look at all the offers on the net. Do not pay for paint or any extras. From my own experience, the Kia Niro is much noisier than the Leaf, the Renault Zoe is too small, the Golf has a too small battery and looks naff, and the Tesla 3 is too expensive and has poor load space. I concluded that the Leaf was best all round.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Oh, and when you compare pricing, be particularly careful to ensure you compare offers with the same mileage, same deposit and same term. For a first EV, a 2yr lease is a good idea just in case you turn out to really hate EVs. 🤮

1 - 10 of 10 Posts