Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an appointment to test drive a new Leaf Tekna while my MINi Countryman has it's MOT later this month and would appreciate any advice about questions I should ask as this will be my first drive in an EV.

Obviously, I've done quite a lot of research on-line so I'm confident that I'll enjoy the experience and will want to place an order but what OEM options do anyone recommend, what can be got more cheaply on-line - and what should be avoided as a waste of money.

The car will only be used locally as I'd expect to hire something bigger and petrol-fuelled for occasional holidays.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
I know that you will enjoy the test drive. As to questions for the session, I suspect that you will know more about the car and its capabilities than the person accompanying you. Please put him/her straight for the future if they try to claim range figures beyond 150 miles all year round. Of course, that will vary by driving style, weather and terrain and I would expect most experienced drivers to be able to manage up to175 miles if required, but if they say otherwise it will tell you a lot about their product knowledge.

I would recommend that you drive mostly in B if it's an urban route, and D if open roads. When you have become accustomed to the EV drivetrain have a play with the e-pedal for a short time. But beware because it's not easy to transit from an ICE - even an auto box version - straight to one pedal driving, and it may take longer than a test drive to appreciate its advantages.

As to option choices, it will be your budget that mostly drives that but if a feature is of use to you then it won't be a waste of money. If you intend to buy such a 'loaded' car then usually it will enhance its future value anyway, as well as making it far more marketable. With a PCP deal, any extra cost will be a small beer addition to the monthly DD.

Good luck. Oh - and welcome to the forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts