Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Paul
Thank you for setting up this forum - I am not yet computer savvy enough to do such a thing.
My wife, Pauline, and I were pleased to meet you and Sally last Saturday at Lambourn.

We, also, enjoyed the opportunity to examine and to test drive the Ampera then. I regret not meeting some of the other e-Pioneers at Lambourn earlier in the day, such as Kevin with the Tesla whom I have met at a couple of BEVOB (Battery Electric Vehicles of Bristol) and BVS (Battery Vehicle Society [UK]) gatherings and whom I believe was at Lambourn. We were there from 14.45 until 16.45.

I have long had an interest in electric power for road vehicles but have not yet actually owned such a vehicle. I hope to change this state of affairs by mid-2012. Extended range EVs would seem the way to go, at present at least.

Over recent years my main transport has been a Piaggio MP3 scooter - the one with twin front wheels. If I were still commuting it would be by electric scooter, but at 71 yrs I am well retired. Anyway, good luck with this forum - I shall follow all the discussion with interest.

Robin T. (Bristol, UK)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Hello Robin and welcome :)

It was great to meet again last weekend at the test drive and I must say a super surprise. Having met you one before at BEVoB it was indeed a nice to see a familiar face.

Wouldn't it have been good for us all to be there together.

Although we already have a Nissan Leaf I do still very much agree with you that right now I think that extended range EVs is the way to go particularly while the charging infrastructure builds and while people learn more about EVs, how they operate and how to live with them.

I am very excited about the Ampera. 40 miles in EV mode will cover most of our daily trips and then able to still do the longer trips without worrying about needing to charge on the way will be a great weight off people's minds.

Mind you, with the speed that charging infrastructure is going in it might not be as long as we first thought before making long trips in a 100% battery EV is easy and routine. Exciting times!

Thank you for being our first member and I hope you enjoy your time here :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts