Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all. I just joined the forum last night. My reason for joining is that I'm considering buying a used Vauxhall Ampera and thought it would be useful to use this forum to educate myself before buying. I've never had any kind of hybrid or electric car before, so know very little, apart from what I've been recently researching. I currently drive a 10 year old Audi A4 Avant, diesel. I live in Mansfield Nottingham so the first question I have is this, are there Ampera owners on here that live in Nottingham?
Looking forward to participating on here.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello & welcome(y)
I'm newish to the forum & Ampera ownership myself
Not in your part of the country but have to say that the Ampera is a fantastic choice
I've had mine nearly 2 months now & have had absolutely no regrets, it's a fantastic car;)

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
If you do get an Ampera (& they're superb cars, with a few "quirks" to keep them interesting!!!) then your nearest servicing dealer is in Leicester, so be prepared to maybe combine annual service with the MOT, and drive down there & wait while they do it for a couple of hours. See this link for dealers, select the "Ampera" tag on LHS. Car Dealers | Vauxhall Dealers | Vauxhall They seem to be up to 30 now, used to be more like 25, so I'm not quite sure how that's happened! You cannot get these serviced at your local Vx place. Can't even buy new carpets/touch-up paint locally - must go through the "approved" dealer. Also make sure service book is Vx-dealer stamped every year without fail, & get it in writing that the 100k mile/8 yr warranty is intact. Walk away if not. Read the (many) threads in GM Motors section - a wealth of info & advice there!
I've seen 2 Amperas in Derby, and one in Leicester, so there are some around not too far from you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi HandyAndy
Thanks for your reply and helpful info. I think I've seen the 2 Derby amperas on auto trader. They're both at the same dealer. I think it's called Auto Exchange at Shardlow. The odd thing is that neither ad mentions the service history, which if full, would be a good selling point, so why omit it? Where's the one you mentioned at Leicester?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome.
Great cars, I've had mine a couple of years now, if you can live with 4 seats there is nothing like it. See the thread Guide to Buying a second hand Ampera by @Marli, happy hunting ;)
Hi. Thanks for your comments. Have you had any of the reported issues with it? One thing I seem to be getting the feel of, is that Vauxhall seem to want to wash their hands of it. Almost as if they wish they'd never released it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Issues, Goldfish in the rear reflectors, Corroded alloys, broken door keyless entry. otherwise been serene. I have noted these in posts. All 3 under the 3 year warranty, its a 64 plate car and I bought in March 16. Not the cheapest but with 18 month of the 3year warranty and the 8 year voltec one intact Oh yes changed the 12V battery in 66 (reality thats 3+ years old - its a MY13) and chucked the Michelin tyres for Goodyears.
Usual sticky charge flap (Silicone spray for me works ) otherwise it is running well. @ 5/7 gallons petrol a year on my commute - winter heating.
My local service agent is OK and not too far.
Today 0.18 gallons of heating fluid kept me warm ;) I'm not a woolly hat and furry boot driver...I do like scaring the odd 3 letter car owners....Ampera's are fun!

Just had the Car Tax notification - :rolleyes:(y) They won't let me pay by DD at £0 a month....:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts