Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw that MG have announced a new ZS EV with a new design, more range and more.

From MG:

The New MG ZS EV has been renewed with a modern design, increased range, and even more technology. Available in three trim level options, SE, Trophy, and Trophy Connect, and with an improved 72kWh lithium-ion battery providing a driving range of up to 273 miles*, our award-winning fully-electric SUV now takes you even further.
Not much more on this but here is the new design:

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,790 Posts
Looks a lot better than the original one somehow. Hopefully they will have proper climate and also the remote climate and timed charging the first one needed.

Question is how much will they stick on the price tag? Will it be another car that starts at double the cheapest ICE version?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone else think 'Kona'?
I thought that too. The almost identical blue doesn't help!

Looks a lot better than the original one somehow. Hopefully they will have proper climate and also the remote climate and timed charging the first one needed.

Question is how much will they stick on the price tag? Will it be another car that starts at double the cheapest ICE version?
I'm hopeful they don't follow the trend of manufacturers of more affordable EVs increasing prices for their new models. It's essentially a facelift which shouldn't demand a higher price but with the larger battery I'd guess it's maybe 20% more expensive than the original.

Chunk of M3 in that nose me-thinks.
Theres a video of it on Twitter I saw (but unforunately can't find now)
Here's the tweet with the video:

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Korean 280milers are £35k, so I suspect just under £30k (inc inevitable 'deals'), possibly £26-27k via Affinity pricing for the MG or risk not hitting ambitious sales targets. Extra 30kWh won't be anywhere near as pricey as a few years ago (perhaps £3k) although I hope the suspensionis suitably beefed up.

@Miles Roberts suggested formal release will be in a few weeks with demo cars around November.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
4,135 Posts
Korean 280milers are £35k, so I suspect just under £30k (inc inevitable 'deals'), possibly £26-27k via Affinity pricing for the MG or risk not hitting ambitious sales targets. Extra 30kWh won't be anywhere near as pricey as a few years ago (perhaps £3k) although I hope the suspensionis suitably beefed up.

@Miles Roberts suggested formal release will be in a few weeks with demo cars around November.
Autocar reckons it's going to be £29,770 (€30,990)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I wonder if it's more efficient than the old eZS, which lags the Hyundai offerings by a fair margin. If they could improve it by %15 or more then it would add over 20 miles range without needing a bigger battery and adding much of any cost.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
32,074 Posts
Just saw that MG have announced a new ZS EV with a new design, more range and more.

From MG:

Not much more on this but here is the new design:

View attachment 150854
Looks like a chubby thing on chubby food to me.

The one in #16 ... now that is more like it.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV #teamwhite
30 Posts
Not sure on that front end yet - looks like Kona, MachE and Volvo mixed together!
But this new model will address some key things that the current ZS EV has issues with:

1. Range - sounds like 51 & 71 kWh versions are on their way (compared to 40 kWh on the current one)

2. There will be an app for remote battery monitoring and pre-heating (no app on current models)

3. Totally revised infotainment system and software, hopefully with full climate control.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts