Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I have charged like a pro at InstaVolt and pod point but polar just won’t work for me.
I feel like I might be doing something wrong. There is one rapid polar plus near my house. I’ve tried on 4 occasions and cannot get it to charge- here’s what I do:

swipe card- registers fine
Plug in
Press csc charger
It goes through the motions of connecting, all ticked off and then a big Red Cross comes up saying I have interrupted the charge.
1) I’ve tried this locked as per every other charger.
2) I’ve tried sitting in it and locking it
Should I leave the car unlocked until it’s connected? Then lock it? Wait for it to auto lock?
Hope you can help a newby. I have a long distance drive tomorrow and the charge point on the way is a polar. It worries me 😃

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have no difficulty with Polars. I actively seek them out. But it's a while since I used one because of Welsh travel restrictions.

However, I have never locked the car at a Rapid charger, because we sit in it, nursing a flask of coffee or a pack of sandwiches! I assume that I could because if I was on my own I might want to visit the little boys' room...

So my experience is that connection and charging at all Rapids proceeds happily with the car unlocked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no difficulty with Polars. I actively seek them out. But it's a while since I used one because of Welsh travel restrictions.

However, I have never locked the car at a Rapid charger, because we sit in it, nursing a flask of coffee or a pack of sandwiches! I assume that I could because if I was on my own I might want to visit the little boys' room...

So my experience is that connection and charging at all Rapids proceeds happily with the car unlocked.
Excellent I will try this as a test this evening. Thank you

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong. It doesn't matter if car is locked or not, so likely to be a local issue. It can be worth holding the socket firmly in place and supporting the cable while trying to make a connection. Once it starts charging it should be fine.

Failing that possibly a faulty charger - have you checked reports on zapmap and plugshare, or tried calling support?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I called them last week, three times a Red Cross came up and three times it needed resetting. There was someone else there also so she asked for him to try. He said he had used in the week before last.
There’s another pulse machine not too far so will try with that one.
I will hold the socket for sure. Thank you.

·
Registered
Corsa SRI Nav Premium
5,089 Posts
It can be worth holding the socket firmly in place and supporting the cable while trying to make a connection. Once it starts charging it should be fine.
Yeah, this does seem to be a problem with Polar cables. Played havoc with the Zoe whenever I used a Polar rapid. Never had a problem on their fast chargers as mostly non-tethered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.