Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Autocar have said mg will bringing both an mg3 EV and an mg coupe EV to the UK.
I was expecting a passet class 5 but this is mind blowing.
Cheapest CUV
Cheapest and only estate.
And now potentally cheapest supermini
And only coupe
Into the electric sector.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,053 Posts
French motoring press are wondering if the 3 will challenge the Zoe. Can't see it myself the 3 is smaller than Zoe. Zoe is kinda 50% bigger than the class it sits in. The 3 is in my view more of a e-Up challenger, but slightly bigger much like the Zoe in its class.

Reactions: TJEV and alegar

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
When will other manufacturers catch up? I understand everyone is lagging behind Tesla, but lagging behind China’s state owned automaker - who were probably making small motorcycles not that long ago - is embarrassing.

Reactions: Neilew

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I think that there should be a new section for 'other MG'.

But for now, I definitely would be in line for a coupe at £30K which looks like the MG e-motion. I haven't really liked the current MG range in terms of design. But on a very positive point, MG have delivered (as far as I can see) on all of their promises in terms of timing and pricing. They don't seem to be a 'more jam tomorrow' company, so who knows, maybe we will see an e-motion by the end of the year.

Reactions: Neilew

·
Zoe Devotee
9,053 Posts
I think that there should be a new section for 'other MG'.

But for now, I definitely would be in line for a coupe at £30K which looks like the MG e-motion. I haven't really liked the current MG range in terms of design. But on a very positive point, MG have delivered (as far as I can see) on all of their promises in terms of timing and pricing. They don't seem to be a 'more jam tomorrow' company, so who knows, maybe we will see an e-motion by the end of the year.
Indeed it took an age waiting for the MG5 section, still don't have a PHEV section for the HS. Other would do short term. The coupe might not be a big seller but I think the 3 might sell well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts