Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • Tesla has released a new Model 3 wheel design as part of its 2021 refresh & the cars are starting to ship.
  • Comparison between Tesla’s 19’’ Sports Wheels & new design.
You got model 3?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I'd save yourself the trouble watching a video - they're just about identical with a slight lip on some of the spokes from what I can see. You need a magnifying glass to spot the differences. (I imagine the video was made by the poster)

There are lots of changes speculated and pictures of the cars, but the configurator hasn't changed yet and inventory are still all showing the old specs.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,730 Posts
Tesla has released a new Model 3 wheel design as part of its 2021 refresh
Probably worth mentioning that Tesla (and indeed other manufacturers) don't stick to model refresh schedules.

They just release updates and changes as and when they are ready.

So there's no such thing as a '2021 MY' Tesla Model 3.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Tesla do a bit of both, last year they updated the vin year in November whereas they used to do it on 1st Jan, and at that time they did the spec changes like frunk hooks going, boot liners, different coloured wheels for the M3P etc changing with the year letter in the vin. So I think for the model 3 they make running changes on anything that’s not a formal spec change and a yearly spec change. Eg a change to the under panel that got wet and disintegrated they’d do as soon as they can, but adding something like the heat pump will be a model year change,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts