Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plenty of reports and photos new face lifted model for 2021 with "on sale early 2021" messages.
New face looks a little Tesla Model 3 but looks nice overall.
Otherwise same spec as what has come before in terms of general size, spec and battery.

Anyone know when it is on sale or available to see in the UK? My local dealer told me official release was 7th Jan 2021 when I spoke with him in December but what with lockdowns no further info.

No news or update on the website either.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I should imagine they'd be looking for the March 21 plate sales, but I haven't heard anything. Loving the new front though. I wonder if you can buy that and fit it to a MY20?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While driving on Tuesday a face lift came the opposite way to me, I noticed it straight away from a good distance. Blue the same as mine and not hanging about either.
I am unsure if I like the new front, because I find the original front very appealing to the eye.
Dan.
So that is at least a good sign.
When I test drive one over a year ago now, I found it incredibly noisy for an EV due to excessive road noise. Fixed by changing the tyres I gather. Also a bit cramped in the rear. If they have sorted those 2 things will be near top of the list to replace my i3.
May still be stuck with the stupid annual servicing though. Which seems like nothing more than Hyundai UK trying desperately to keep their ICE servicing regime and profit margins intact.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Teslas, maybe Outlander, eTron can tow something but maybe not a caravan?

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Just downloaded the current datasheet from Hyundai UK. It says it's effective from 1 April 2020 and shows no towing or noseweight allowance.
(The absence of a noseweight may mean you can't even use a bike rack, since that is effectively noseweight.)

·
Registered
780 Posts
wja96 - I can’t find anything on the Hyundai website about this. Do they offer a manufacturer tow bar and wiring kit? Does the car show the towing weight on the door plate too?

It’s just I‘ve been looking for an EV that can tow a camping trailer for several years. My preferred cars are the Soul, Niro and Kona, if any of them gained a tow rating I’d buy one in place of my old Soul EV and CRV tow car...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Are there any EV's that can tow a caravan on the market at the moment? I think motor homes might be the way to go with EV's.
There are some, but they are expensive:

From the cheaper end, the coming id.4 with it's 1200kg tow rating can maybe pull some caravans.

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2 - 2020
350 Posts
Back on Topic. The new Kona looks good ... but I never had a problem with it's outside looks ... just felt the all black interior was a bit boring and outdated. I liked all the special editions with the coloured trim inside, more of that and I think Hyundai are on to a winner!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Back on Topic. The new Kona looks good ... but I never had a problem with it's outside looks ... just felt the all black interior was a bit boring and outdated. I liked all the special editions with the coloured trim inside, more of that and I think Hyundai are on to a winner!
I always thought the front bumper was a bit naff (much prefer the new one), but I was willing to forgive that for the amazing range and tech for the price. Are they doing any LED trim like the ID3?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts