Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
I'm insanely jealous. Wish I had 拢70-80k lying about!

Reactions: PRO-AMPERA

Registered
Nice little blog this and very inspiring, my next car will be a model-s without a doubt, you dont actually need 70-80K you can get the P85 for 57K OK still a lot of money but consider no fuel bills? you dont need to win the lottery to own a model-s and in 2-3 years time you might be able to pick up a second hand one for almost half what they cost new, 3 year old P85 for less than 30K or a new Nissan Leaf for 25K? now let me think about that for just a moment?

There is a really nice video on youtube about 40 mins long where a young guy interviews 4 Model S owners and what is interesting is that none of them had pots of cash or were wealthy but used teslanomics and maybe a bit of remortgaging to get their dream car, if you really want a Model S you can make it happen :)

Registered
There is a really nice video on youtube about 40 mins long where a young guy interviews 4 Model S owners and what is interesting is that none of them had pots of cash or were wealthy but used teslanomics and maybe a bit of remortgaging to get their dream car, if you really want a Model S you can make it happen :)
Not to mention either (a) a very understanding wife or (b) no wife at all.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #6
If you could find someone willing to offer you a 10 year 8% loan it's only ~拢685 a month for an S85.....

If you did remortgage then 10 years at 4% is only 拢575 a month.....

Reactions: knoxie

Registered
Ha ha yes I agree wifey loves the Model-S although at first she thought it too big, its only actually 20 inches longer than the Leaf and for a change I am trying to tell her that 20 inches is nothing in the real world? ahem.. I aint no millionaire, I have a spare property and some good savings (made up largely from being single & not owning a car for 8 years and ebiking everywhere) so can just jiggle things about a bit, although had I not had wifey and 2 little kids I would have already got the Model S sat on the drive.

Registered
... had I not had wifey and 2 little kids I would have already got the Model S sat on the drive.
You and me both, Knoxie. You and me both...

Reactions: knoxie

Registered
2018 Leaf 40kwh Tekna
Would love a Tesla at some point! Can't help thinking how annoyed though one would feel if you rolled up at an Ecotricity charger for a charge in your Leaf / Zoe just after the Tesla had been plugged in for a 2 hour charge because it was down to 80miles of range!?

Reactions: Paul

Registered
Would love a Tesla at some point! Can't help thinking how annoyed though one would feel if you rolled up at an Ecotricity charger for a charge in your Leaf / Zoe just after the Tesla had been plugged in for a 2 hour charge because it was down to 80miles of range!?
Until the superchargers are in place better get used to it :)

Registered
Nice little blog this and very inspiring, my next car will be a model-s without a doubt, you dont actually need 70-80K you can get the P85 for 57K OK still a lot of money but consider no fuel bills? you dont need to win the lottery to own a model-s and in 2-3 years time you might be able to pick up a second hand one for almost half what they cost new, 3 year old P85 for less than 30K or a new Nissan Leaf for 25K? now let me think about that for just a moment?

Weelll... I take the gist of your point but you're being a little conservative on the costs :) That 57k is for an 85, not a P85, and thats without any options. You'd almost certainly want to add some of the option packs, looking at what they include - it would pointless to have a car that expensive without parking sensors or a satnav for example.. Time will tell on the second hand costs once the first lease models come onto the market..

Registered
the UK delivery team are working flat out delivering cars non stop from 9am to 10pm, 7 days a week a present, and the backlog stretches into September at the moment. At this rate model S could out number Leafs at the Ecotricity chargers.

Administrator
I think this depends on how drivers use them, because I don't like to charge away from home/destination unless I have to, so I guess if I had a Model S charge stops would be a rare thing.

Registered
To be honest I am not bothered by all the extras, dont need parking sensors as can use the camera, sat nav again not too bothered (if you watch Bjorn nylands videos he often uses a tom tom as he doesnt like the built in nav) tech package and air suspension again no problem and I wouldnt have the sunroof as it increases the road noise and I dont like sunroofs anyway.

So for me the base 85 would be all I need, I could even drop to the 60 to be honest but can afford the 85 so would be silly not to go for it for the battery warranty if nothing else.

My friends dad picked his white P85 up on Tuesday, he is very happy and has had his order with them for over 2 x years!

I dont really use the rapid chargers much with my Leaf and wont at all with the Model S as when I get my car the super charger network will be in place, to be honest I wouldnt even need it without the superchargers.

I dont think Leaf drivers need worry about too many Teslas sitting on the chargers for hours on end though, even with the new cars coming on the road there is far more chance you are going to come across another Leaf, sure new Model S owners will charge just to try it out but I cant see many waiting 3 hours.

I still think its actually an affordable car especially when you work in the teslanomics of it, of course if money were not a problem you can max out the car but you can still get an amazing car IMHO without doing that, I think residuals will be pretty good on the Model S but its fast moving out there with the Model X coming and others joining the party, we will for sure be keeping the car for at least 8 years.

Soul EV & Tesla Model S
Tesla (UK) offered me finance on one. It was pure HP so 10/20/30% down and then pay off. Rates looked reasonable to me. If you're interested it doesn't hurt to speak with them. For me it looked more attractive than Personal Contract Hire. Very close in numbers but in 4 years the car was mine. Surely it would still have decent residuals? Especially with Superchargers for Life thing.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #19
ONLY? 拢575 Lol
haha I know.

But of course, as I've said many times, the number of 7 Series, S Class, A8's, X5's, Q7's on our road proves plenty of people can and do make payments on cars this high.

Registered
Unfortunately I never will I will need to save like mad for the Gen3, as I can't find a job that pays good money, that's why I went for the zoe because it was more in my range 14k

1 - 20 of 34 Posts