Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used my new motion charging card for the first time in August at a shell charger anyone know how long it takes to be billed? I assumed they take the charging cost straight from debit card that I registered and had expected to pay almost straight away but it’s now been almost a month.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I used my new motion charging card for the first time in August at a shell charger anyone know how long it takes to be billed? I assumed they take the charging cost straight from debit card that I registered and had expected to pay almost straight away but it’s now been almost a month.
They maybe roll the charges together so they can bill you once a month?

I made my first paid charge with my New Motion card 3 weeks ago, your post nudged me to check the app and realise the card I entered several years ago has expired. So in my case if they've tried to take the money it will have bounced. Annoyingly they don't let you just update the expiry date so I had to complete all the details again for the new card.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,232 Posts
It used to take about 4 months in all. Check the new motion website to see whether the charge has registered on there. The last time I used one it actually showed up on the new motion site quickly and I was billed within a month I think. That's lightening speed now. It used to be 2 months to appear and then another 2 months to eventually get billed.

·
Registered
Kona 64
581 Posts
The last time I used my New Motion somewhere which costs was in France July 19. Three months later despite them having my card details on my account they emailed with an invoice to say the amount was overdue for payment! So I went online and paid with the same card they had the details for. So I guess they are pretty inefficient.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
The last time I used my New Motion somewhere which costs was in France July 19. Three months later despite them having my card details on my account they emailed with an invoice to say the amount was overdue for payment! So I went online and paid with the same card they had the details for. So I guess they are pretty inefficient.
My pending charge was in France two weeks ago, I'll try and report back how long this one takes.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,483 Posts
Interesting post ... a month to the day I used a new Shell tear-drop fob at a Shell Recharge about halfway between Southampton + Portsmouth, still not been billed at the end point account for it.

So it didn't wait to month-end, and I'll leave it a few days to see if I am getting a months' free rest before being billed or if it has just disappeared . So tempting to re visit and see what happens second time.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
My pending charge was in France two weeks ago, I'll try and report back how long this one takes.
I don't believe it.

New Motion have sent me an invoice for the change in France and ask me to transfer the amount to their bank account. I have no idea why they can't just take the money from my credit card. So when I can be bothered I have to log in to my bank account and try and get their details right.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,483 Posts
Interesting post ... a month to the day I used a new Shell tear-drop fob at a Shell Recharge about halfway between Southampton + Portsmouth, still not been billed at the end point account for it.

So it didn't wait to month-end, and I'll leave it a few days to see if I am getting a months' free rest before being billed or if it has just disappeared . So tempting to re visit and see what happens second time.
Got an invoice emailed yesterday , the 17th. A major formal thing, from NewMotion, as if I'd bought a kitchen or had ordered an international-space-station. Account now debited by the amount expected.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Got an invoice emailed yesterday , the 17th. A major formal thing, from NewMotion, as if I'd bought a kitchen or had ordered an international-space-station. Account now debited by the amount expected.
Did they actually debit your account? The email I received said I had to transfer the money myself and gave me an IBAN and a reference number. My bank account won't accept an IBAN for a UK transfer and won't accept underscores in the reference number.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,483 Posts
Did they actually debit your account? The email I received said I had to transfer the money myself and gave me an IBAN and a reference number. My bank account won't accept an IBAN for a UK transfer and won't accept underscores in the reference number.
yes -- but this was for use of a Shell Teardrop rfid Fob at a Shell Recharge post at a UK petrol station.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
yes -- but this was for use of a Shell Teardrop rfid Fob at a Shell Recharge post at a UK petrol station.
Yeah, a. bit different than using a New Motion card at a random French post. :-(

Oh well, I think I transferred them some money.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
This is why I simply ignore all charging points that aren't contactless. Although if I were trying a big European road trip, I might not have the choice...!

Reactions: Gadget Geek

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got a email from the them also on the 17th and money was taken from my account same day, it does seem a very strange system as it has taken around 6 weeks from when I used charger till when they billed me and took the money.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I got a email from the them also on the 17th and money was taken from my account same day, it does seem a very strange system as it has taken around 6 weeks from when I used charger till when they billed me and took the money.
It doesn't sound like a robust business model to me. this might be another one of those networks that will be absorbed into a bigger player.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
It doesn't sound like a robust business model to me. this might be another one of those networks that will be absorbed into a bigger player.
It already has been. New Motion is part of the Shell Group.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts