Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Maybe Nissan should be paying to have the "Nissan connector" on these new clusters. Or maybe Nissan does not care about moterway charing for their cars as much as other car companies.
Or they care enough that their new model has CCS...

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
And there is no longer any fracking in England. You need to get up to date. Fracking halted after government pulls support.
I'm aware of that (but, hey, thanks for the insult), but historically the government did rig the planning system to effectively prevent on-shore wind farms (to allow a veto to locals) and enable fracking (by allowing applications to be overridden at government level). Effectively, the only way to get a wind-farm approved was to have it community owned.

Interestingly, research has shown that local don't hear noise from community owned wind-farms, but they do hear the noise if they're not community owned. This isn't about the noise bothering them, it really is about hearing it in the first place. Very odd.

·
Registered
468 Posts
The majority of the time it's a miracle if you even manage 50kW out of one. I often end up getting little more than 30 regardless of if I'm in the i3, Ioniq or model 3.
Little bit late to the party here...but charging rate at Ionity in my experience is limited by the car, never seen anything less than that in scores of uses.

Attachments

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,169 Posts
Little bit late to the party here...but charging rate at Ionity in my experience is limited by the car, never seen anything less than that in scores of uses.

View attachment 133551
I'm in no way a regular user of theirs, but have used a number of their locations and have plugged in and only managed around 30kW before. Unplugged, moved to the next charger along and got around double that. Using the Ioniq as the main example here it can charge at up to around 70kW on CCS, and will continue to do so after multiple charges so it's not like it's a heat issue or anything like that. The Ionity chargers just seem hit and miss at providing a high power output. In my case it definitely wasn't the car limiting the power, and a saw a few very similar comments from others on Zap Map.

I can't seem to open the attachment you added to the bottom of your post there. You may want to try to re-upload whatever that was?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Turns out that I was wrong.

Lexus have decided that putting 50kW Chademo on their new UX300e is a good idea.

😂🤣😅
It's an air cooled battery too. Toyota really have fallen from grace after making hybrids mainstream.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,779 Posts
It's an air cooled battery too. Toyota really have fallen from grace after making hybrids mainstream.
This isn’t surprising. They’re fairly conservative on the technology front.

So max 40 kW charging then?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I can't seem to open the attachment you added to the bottom of your post there. You may want to try to re-upload whatever that was?
Thanks - now fixed - a picture showing a 152kW charging rate, rarely see much less. I've always charged at Gretna, maybe just lucky...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Thanks - now fixed - a picture showing a 152kW charging rate, rarely see much less. I've always charged at Gretna, maybe just lucky...
Not lucky, just eTron + Ionity charger.

Those of us with cheaper cars can only dream of these speeds.

eTron is thirsty though, so fast charging is needed.

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,169 Posts
Not lucky, just eTron + Ionity charger.

Those of us with cheaper cars can only dream of these speeds.
It's not even a case of cheaper cars. Like I said I have plugged a Model 3 in at Skelton Lake before and couldn't even manage 50kW with it. I moved between 3 different chargers on that occasion to be able to finally get faster charging, and even then it was over 100kW but not by much.

I've only used them at 3 different locations, each of them were all shortly after installation when on free vend because there's no chance I am paying 69p/kWh. There's a possibility that they were still sorting out teething troubles with it being new, but there are plenty of people posting on Zap Map that about 50% of their chargers are regularly out of order, and that the remaining ones often don't supply anywhere near what the car may be capable of pulling.

I have a feeling that @electricdriver may actually have been super lucky if they have managed to get ~150kW first time, every time.

·
Registered
608 Posts
It's not even a case of cheaper cars. Like I said I have plugged a Model 3 in at Skelton Lake before and couldn't even manage 50kW with it. I moved between 3 different chargers on that occasion to be able to finally get faster charging, and even then it was over 100kW but not by much.

I've only used them at 3 different locations, each of them were all shortly after installation when on free vend because there's no chance I am paying 69p/kWh. There's a possibility that they were still sorting out teething troubles with it being new, but there are plenty of people posting on Zap Map that about 50% of their chargers are regularly out of order, and that the remaining ones often don't supply anywhere near what the car may be capable of pulling.

I have a feeling that @electricdriver may actually have been super lucky if they have managed to get ~150kW first time, every time.
ETron is Audi which is part of the Ionity group.

Yeah, maybe Teslas are being deliberately throttled...

·
Registered
468 Posts
One charger broken (well, faulty touch screen) once. Otherwise, lowest I can recall ever seeing in the 40-70% SoC zone is c140kW. All at Gretna.

·
Super Moderator
11,967 Posts
, let's hope it's only on speed not how high they can jack up the pricing.
I will be happy with reliable chargers. Don't be too shocked if they are 50p /kWh or even more. Installing 12 350kW rapids isn't cheap. EH can't run at a loss forever.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,150 Posts
Rugby is one I'd use too!
I'm in N Wales & I have friends near Cambridge, so the M6 is my default route, especially since the M6/M1/A14 junction was smoothed out.
Hopefully, the plague will end eventually & I'll be able to visit them again.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts