Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the forum and after a summer of contemplation and wrestling with logic and convincing my wife we have taken delivery of our Nissan Leaf Acenta.

Now a week after purchase we have done 300+ miles in it! It does have to go back to the dealer for some issues with the radio (no FM reception) and the charge port cover catching on the bonnet but other than that its been a good experience.

Last week we travelled from our home (near Bolton) the 56 miles to Chester Zoo with 5 in the car. Arrived with 30 miles left of the guess-o-meter and topped up on the way back at Chester services rapid and arrived home with 12 miles and 14% batt. So far so good...

I now need to be able to traverse the pennines as one of my son's is starting at York university and there is a distinct lack of charging facilities on that journey. The only one of note is Ikea at Leeds so can only travel that way during shopping hours but fortunately York is blessed with many charge points and rapid's even though they charge (not a problem). But no late night return journeys just yet!

Very odd reactions from work colleagues who think you are joking when you say you have an EV and my boss said I can charge it whenever I like I work (for free) which provoked murmurings of "oh that should go on your P11D" etc

I still feel very odd (special) while driving the LEAF but starting to come to terms with managing the expectations, limitations and advantages. I will report back after my trans-pennine expedition.

Cheers

Super Moderator
Welcome aboard Andrew, glad you're enjoying the car! Colleagues reactions can be very funny. I've been accused of "stealing" electricity from work a few times, despite the availability of the charge points being advertised on a huge plasma screen in the main corridor...!

Reactions: AndrewR

Registered
Hi Andrew - Welcome to the world of EVs. There are a couple of Ecotricity rapid chargers at Wetherby services which is only a sight detour from the A64. The Leeds based IKEA chargers can sometimes be blocked with ICE cars due to their proximity to the entrance so be careful.

regards Dave

Registered
Hi Andrew - Welcome to the world of EVs. There are a couple of Ecotricity rapid chargers at Wetherby services which is only a sight detour from the A64. The Leeds based IKEA chargers can sometimes be blocked with ICE cars due to their proximity to the entrance so be careful.

regards Dave
Or you could even cut down through Huddersfield to Woolley Edge Services on the M1 as another 24hr alternative(not a recommendation, never needed to go that way, just a suggestion)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5

regards Dave
Thanks for the advice about Ikea. I used the ones at Warrington Ikea without issue as the spaces are not in front of the main entrance. I'm not sure I can make to to Wetherby as its 73 hilly miles and no other options :(

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Or you could even cut down through Huddersfield to Woolley Edge Services on the M1 as another 24hr alternative(not a recommendation, never needed to go that way, just a suggestion)
Looks like a good alternative and thanks for the suggestion. Bring on the RCN where most the M62 (and M6 north) services should be blessed with rapids http://rapidchargenetwork.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts