Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been touched on in other threads, but am I reading this situation correctly?

I have a tethered Podpoint charger for the LEAF (type 1).

If we want a 2nd EV that doesn't have a type 1, will we have to now buy and install that new charger at full price?

If we changed to an untethered type, to REPLACE the Podpoint (to take turns on) would we have to pay for the Podpoint, as it'll no longer be phoning home with usage stats, if not, what is the situation there?

After three years, if we change the LEAF for something else, or Nissan adopt a different standard, will that be long enough to apply for a new charger under a new grant?

Thanks,

Confused of Milton Keynes

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So if we changed car with our current Podpoint unit (which matches our house a treat) we'd not be able to easily change it to an untethered unit... so what would our option be? Take it off and replace with a (fully paid) untethered unit? Ask Podpoint if they could swap it for an untethered unit under the same scheme/grant? Seems in terms of multi-EV families this single (tethered) charger idea is a bad one.

I presume BMW i3 and the others are all happy with a type-2 untethered, that's correct isn't it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts