Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i currently have a 2015 model and am thinking of upgrading to the new 2018/2019 model, does any one know what sort of electric only miles it is capable of.
If anyone is interested in buying my 2015 model just drop me a message and i can arrange to send pics and details.Thinking end of October.
Graham

·
Registered
425 Posts
I’ve got a 68 plate 4HS MY19, and from Spring to Autumn generally average 25-30 miles without working too hard. I live rurally with unrestricted roads and face a few hills locally, so would expect that someone in a flatter area or spending more of their time travelling below 40mph could achieve a little more.

On occasion on summer I’ve managed 40 miles on a charge, but that being very gentle with my driving.

In winter the range can plummet if you need to use the heater a lot, expect high teens to 20 miles max.

I do a reasonable number of longer journeys (far beyond the EV range and without charging along the route), and at motorway speed it can be heavy in petrol. But in year I’ve owned it, travelling 12k miles, I’ve averaged 53mpg overall. Far better than the 33mpg I averaged in the similar sized diesel SUV that was replaced with my PHEV. And when I’m doing local journeys it’s always pleasant to go for weeks without visiting a petrol station :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
So i currently have a 2015 model and am thinking of upgrading to the new 2018/2019 model, does any one know what sort of electric only miles it is capable of.
If anyone is interested in buying my 2015 model just drop me a message and i can arrange to send pics and details.Thinking end of October.
Graham
You will get 20 - 30 miles depending on driving conditions/air con use etc.
I don't think it has improved noticeably.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@TJS @SHL-Kelso thanks both of you, thats about what i thought i am getting 25 easy in my 2018.Cant afford the volvo,s etc so will probably go for the 2019 model

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
No Outlander ever achieved 53mpg! Total misrepresentation!
MPG stands for miles per gallon (of fossil fuel). When the propulsive energy mix includes electricity that is not included in the gallons denominator, it's a nonense number.

·
Registered
425 Posts
No Outlander ever achieved 53mpg! Total misrepresentation!
MPG stands for miles per gallon (of fossil fuel). When the propulsive energy mix includes electricity that is not included in the gallons denominator, it's a nonense number.
I never suggested that this figure is a total combined energy use converted to an equivalent mpg. As i stated, this is the my actual petrol use over the year I’ve had the vehicle, and obviously excludes electricity. It does reflect how much fuel I’ve purchased in a year compared to the non-hybrid ICE that my PHEV replaced. If there was a simple and accurate way to have recorded the electricity added when plugged in I would have included this too in my figures, but this is not proved possible to record.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts