Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all: I just leased a Kia Soul EV+ in Portland, Oregon. What have you found unique or interesting about your Soul EV? I'm still learning about all of the all of the electronics and options with the EV+. What have you found that you really like and what was the most obscure thing you've learned about your Soul EV?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
We don't have the + over here on the correct side of the pond so no leather seats or heated rear seats or sunroof or UVO.
Interesting = collects bugs on the windscreen like there is no tomorrow.
Unique .............err its pretty Unique and most of them are Blue did we mention Blue....
The wheel trims are universally ugly.
The cruise control buttons are not well thought out and lack tactile definition
The car lacks auto wipers which is a real pity.

·
Registered
597 Posts
There are only 5 - 6 Soul's in the whole of Ireland North & South. So I am definitely in the "Unique" category when it comes to people staring at my car. which I like. I have never been the kind of person too run with the Crowds, I like driving or riding Unique things. As Keith Alexander has already pointed out we in the EU don't get UVO or any of the Plus options. which is a shame.

I would love if the car could be remotely cooled or heated like Leafs can. My main gripe with the car is that when I walk up to the car it un-folds the mirrors, why oh why could it not just go one step further and un-lock the doors also.

On the upside I do love the higher driving position and the super smooth ride. Active cooling of the batteries is great too have now we are coming into the summer months.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Jealous. Still waiting for my new model Kia Soul EV hopefully July with the fantastic extra long range (113 miles!)
No sun roof, no UVO :(
Still can't wait for it though :D

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
@Pete Cousins I can assure you the 27kw does more than 93 epa miles in summer currently happy to take it on dual carriageway and b roads and do 110 miles. Yours should be good for 135 miles once you have had it a while.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my Soul in the middle of May. Overall, I LOVE it. Here are the quirks I found in my model (the EV+ feat. Sun and Fun Package)

- The panoramic sunroof is killer. It's the first thing my passengers notice
- Still getting used to the high-pitched hum while driving. As long as I have music or a podcast going, which I do 90% of the time, it's not noticeable.
- I'm 6'5", and I'm amazed at the legroom I get in both the front and the back. Very comfortable ride
- The 105 miles of range I avg. on a full charge is incredibly accurate
- I've put 1500 miles on it in a month. It's hard to not take it everywhere I go!
- In my model, I have these color LED rings around the door speakers. They're unique, and a big talking point.
- Not crazy about my map options. I'm a Waze guy, and I hate that it's not featured in Apple CarPlay
- If you have an iPhone 6 Plus, the USB hub console is BARELY too small to lay your phone horizontally. It's a little annoying.
- I REALLY wish the Soul EV had adaptive cruise control. That would be an amazing feature.
- Driving in B-mode is awesome. The regen is in that perfect sweet spot.
- The UVO app is great, but syncing is a little slow (takes about 20 seconds)

We got our Soul EV's around the same time. What sort of quirks have you noticed about your's?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
@Nate11 Welcome to SpeakEV, and what a great choice of EV:) Here in the UK we have no UVO feature, no sunroof and no leather option but we do get the light up speakers. Luckily because we dont get these options we dont know what we are missing !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts