Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,711 Posts
Signed. It's a simple enough petitio imho - just another way of raising general awareness & can't do any harm, surely?
Creates ambiguous and unrealistic expectations, which confuses the MPs who are being asked by the petition to discuss it, when there is already going to be a bill before them to discuss it?

·
Registered
942 Posts
And "the average internal combustion engine" has a range of 300 miles ?
Blimey.
People really should think first before putting these up

Give me a break, one vehicle can do 300miles and it costs at least £80k, they need no more incentives than already exist.

·
Premium Member
11,015 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,015 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Creates ambiguous and unrealistic expectations, which confuses the MPs who are being asked by the petition to discuss it, when there is already going to be a bill before them to discuss it?
If it gets enough votes to be noticed (which it won't) the petitions people will close it as a duplicate anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like he wants more taxpayer's money for people who buy a high-end 300 range Tesla. Not sure that would get "Joe public" or a lot of the media on the side of EVs...
Im not out there for taxpayers noney. I pay my fair share and it its the last thing i think of. Im simply out there to let the government know that if they seriously want to get people away from driving old tattered 'ice' cars they need to 'maintain' the current level of incentives. Only this way will they reach carbon emission targets. I put 'improve' in their as a longshot, wasn't expecting anything huge!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im not out there for taxpayers noney. I pay my fair share and it its the last thing i think of. Im simply out there to let the government know that if they seriously want to get people away from driving old tattered 'ice' cars they need to 'maintain' the current level of incentives. Only this way will they reach carbon emission targets. I put 'improve' in their as a longshot, wasn't expecting anything huge!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Maintaining current level of incentives simply adds at least £4500 to the rrp of EVs and we can pretty much ignore the RFL as insignificant.
I think you need to be more specific in your demands , ideally : penalties on ice's , fuel price increases, road tax increases, congestion charges, ulez's , increased parking rates for diesels (as in London) etc.
That should help but it will happen in time.....

·
Premium Member
11,015 Posts
It is an interesting debate as to how much the point of sale subsidies help.

For example, I agree with the belief that Vauxhall set the Ampera price at maximum they could achieve after grant.

In the forum others have suggested rewarding EV drivers in other ways. My suggestion would be a FIT type scheme where owners get paid each year based on kWh their home charger has delivered. It would also mean people who buy a PHEV but dont charge get no benefit - fair in my view.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Needs some sort of subsidy in reverse
So the cheaper the EV the more cashback a customer gets - this will encourage cheaper pricing - well it might
so £8000 EV (rrp) - Cashback 3000 to purchaser
a £10000 EV - 2000
etc over 30,000 and no cashback
might focus a few car makers minds rather than the current - How much can we get away with, OK add the grant to that to set the RRP.

·
Registered
942 Posts
What's unenforceable about that ? Everyone with an olev funded charger agreed to submit their charging data to olev, so very easy to reward those who charge most. ie - do the most zero emmission miles. Good idea.
Which is unenforceable.

In the same way NEDC figures are unenforceable.

I've had cars that were [email protected] on the NEDC figures that proved far less fuel hungry than those that excelled on the made up fixed route.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts