Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, but it seems that every time I have encountered one of the new T7-S style pod-points, then the instructions screen-printed on the unit are wrong.

None of them that I have found appear on their online map, so it's impossible to sign-in online to them to 'claim' a charge, and in this state, they seem not to time out after 15 minutes.

The latest one I have found like this is right outside the Department for Transport on Horseferry Road.

I've asked Pod-Point on twitter what the story is with these, because although they're working, the user experience, trying to follow the instructions for use, is dreadful.

Might it be because the posts are supposed to be affiliated with a regional scheme like Source London, and as such, they can't go around insisting on opening another account just to use the chargers?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I stayed at a hotel in the New Forest which had a Pod Point charger which had these instructions (though I didn't know this in advance so ICEd the holiday). As you say it was not on the Pod Point (or any other) map. In fact it just looked like a standard domestic charger for people staying there.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Hi Simon,

We’re always keen to keep our map info up-to-date - thank you for alerting us to Horsferry Road. I’ve spoken to the mapping guys and they have now made the Horseferry unit visible on the app’s map.

What are the locations of the other units you have noticed that weren’t showing on the map? Let us know and we can update them also.

We have tried to make the user instructions on newly installed Open Charge units as clear and concise as possible.

1. Plug In Cable > 2. Select POD Point In App > 3. Confirm Charge

These instructions are shown:

a) On the POD Point unit
b) When a user logs into the app
c) Shown again in the ‘Instructions’ section whenever a user clicks on a particular POD Point’s A/B door.

(Please see the photos below)

We’re always open to hearing new ways we can improve the user experience so please feel free to share any suggestions on ways we could improve the instructions.

Thanks,
The POD Point Team.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Pod point team.
We have a new supermarket, Sainsbury's. It has charge points that we tried to use but couldn't as they are not showing on the map.
If you could update these too that would be good. Sainsbury's South Woodham Ferrers.
Bert-Edna
Emry-Dion
Regards

·
Premium Member
10,189 Posts
Hi Pod point team.
We have a new supermarket, Sainsbury's. It has charge points that we tried to use but couldn't as they are not showing on the map.
If you could update these too that would be good. Sainsbury's South Woodham Ferrers.
Bert-Edna
Emry-Dion
Regards
You replied to a 4 year old post by PODPoint and I don't think they monitor the forum any longer. Best to drop them an email or call them...

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
The instructions need to be written so they can be understand by someone who can't understand what an "app" is, eg my mother who has no problems using a Tesco pay a pump in their fuel Stations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts