Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoying monitoring my new (Mar 25) PV system and thinking of the ROI :) A thought occurred yesterday; I've switched from using the 16A Pod Point charger (OLEV grant) that I've been using to charge my Ampera for the last 9 months to using the original Vauxhall EVSE set to 6A, to maximise use of the PV electricity. I'm saving the 16A charger for when I get home in the evening and need the car next morning. The Pod Point , being supplied under the OLEV scheme, has a mobile SIM connection feeding data back on its usage. Assuming its ever worked (I can't tell) and assuming somebody at OLEV is analysing the data, my usage has fallen of a cliff as of last Tuesday. I suspect there's quite a few people in a similar situation to me, I wonder if OLEV are aware of this pattern of usage with PV owners, or whether their analysis is just going to show usage of these chargers supplied under their scheme going down and affecting their view of its effectiveness. If thats why they wanted the data of course - I was never completely sure what conclusions they were hoping to draw from it! :)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes but that meter is just one that I chose to install on the circuit so I know how much electricity the car is using. The Pod Point does whatever it does internally, and reports back to base over the mobile network. Supposedly :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts