Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Updating now.. have asked for change log :).

Also asked for when the new MY Renault app is launching and when to expect new maps but was told they do not "have that information"... worth a try.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im trying to use the online store when I request the updates I get and error "failed during update request" any ideas this is happening on both windows and mac

·
Registered
190 Posts
Im trying to use the online store when I request the updates I get and error "failed during update request" any ideas this is happening on both windows and mac
Same here; it's a problem at Renault's end, there's nothing we can do (except phone Renault Multimedia and complain to them). Looks like one of their servers has gone away since it's an HTTP 502 error (Bad Gateway).

·
ZOE Q210 Oct'13
537 Posts
Has anyone actually managed to get this update? I keep getting the "Failed during update request" message. I've been on to R-Link customer service, but they are no help and seem to be in denial that the problem may be at their end.

·
Registered
34 Posts
No, I haven't had any luck with either. I keep getting the "Failed during update request" message as well.
It seems to me that it's a Renault server problem...................

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Mine did an update a couple of weeks ago and it's done another today. Suddenly traffic is showing on the normal home map thing without a route being set which I've never seen it do before.

I checked rlink and it said there was an update so I did request update and it actually worked.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
It normally takes ages to do it. I assume you can download it via rlink toolbox and do it via USB?

I did notice my rlink toolbox isn't compatible with the next version of macosx either.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've tried the update a few itmes over the last few days and "Failed during update request" error message when the update was requested in the R-Link store. Just tried again and it has all worked successfully. Process I follow is:

1. Ask for update in the R-Link store.
2. Put SD card in PC and start RLink Toolbox, which then accepts there is an update and downloads it onto the SD card.
3. Put SD card in Zoe and it installs the update - a good 15 minutes this time.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Me neither. I think connectivity is slightly less crap than it was. That's the only difference I've noticed so far.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Found a possible difference! When I use the ventilation while charging it often needs to be restarted as the car just decides to turn it off. When I used it yesterday it stayed on after I started it the first time to the end of the charge so I'd think at least 20 minutes and possibly 35 minutes without needing it to be turned back on. It seemed to last about 15 minutes or so before.

Has anyone else noticed that change?

·
had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
392 Posts
Have been "disconnected" since 1st September.
I updated successfully today, R- Link took about 20 minutes to reload in the car, but unfortunately it has remained "disconnected".
This car is 14 months old, and I haven't had to do a fuse (F31) pull yet, but unless it fixes itself on Saturday night, when Renault seem to do some server maintenance, I will have to revert to the old fix.

edit. my version is now 11.346.3206684-8060, which is later than the OP's version

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
If it's that age then I'd check the packages you need are all still live that should be. Then moan at the dealer. These cars are supposed to be connected so they need to be chased when they keep losing connectivity.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just updated mine, which has also gone to version 11.346.3206684-8060.

I put the card in my PC, and was informed it was all up to date, but after going to the R-Link store and requesting to update everything, I suddenly found the update downloading - took a while, and even longer to transfer to the card, and install to the car afterwards.

Can't see most Zoe owners faffing about like that - or most dealers bothering!

·
had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
392 Posts
Thanks Eclectic, it's good to know that 11.346 does work.
I was hoping the update would solve my "disconnected", but it didn't.

I'm sure dealers don't bother updating, Renault expect owners to diy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
13 Participants
Eclectic
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing