·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
Kona SE
965 Posts
Getting better all the time. (apart from the charge fee. I thought they would be going with the £4 model).

Hollyhedge Cobham has been on the map for some time (there is another thread here that mentions it) but the Energise map is showing Wray Lane still under the "planned" section. If it is now operational then there is only Billingshurst in Sussex remaining of the planned rapids yet to commission. After that it is just replacing some 13A with type 2.

I don't tend to use open charge map often (more of a Plug-Share person) but I had a quick look at some of the other local points and some are well out of date. Redhill Station could use a tidy up. (Compare with Plug share entry.) I am pleased to see that OCM gives a warning about the age of reports.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Getting better all the time. (apart from the charge fee. I thought they would be going with the £4 model).

Hollyhedge Cobham has been on the map for some time (there is another thread here that mentions it) but the Energise map is showing Wray Lane still under the "planned" section. If it is now operational then there is only Billingshurst in Sussex remaining of the planned rapids yet to commission. After that it is just replacing some 13A with type 2.

I don't tend to use open charge map often (more of a Plug-Share person) but I had a quick look at some of the other local points and some are well out of date. Redhill Station could use a tidy up. (Compare with Plug share entry.) I am pleased to see that OCM gives a warning about the age of reports.
The Billingshurst charger was all lit up yesterday, looking like its ready for use. I didn't touch it - and - if these are really £7 a go that's the last time I shall see it.

Gas pump Machine Technology Gas Electronic device
Gas Machine

·
Registered
Kona SE
965 Posts
he Billingshurst charger was all lit up yesterday, looking like its ready for use. I didn't touch it - and - if these are really £7 a go that's the last time I shall see it.
Thanks for the tip-off. I popped over there and added it to Plug-share. All operational but it is rather awkward to use the Chademo connector from the left hand space as it is behind the charger close to the wall. (see first picture in the last post.)

I then popped down to Storrington on B2139 to see if the replacement for the 2 13A sockets was progressing. I had expected a new 7Kw post to be there and was very suprised to see another identical rapid charger to the Billingshurst one also in the Library car park. That too is now added to Plug-Share.

The older 13A sockets are still there so handy if you are out there in the Twizy.

12 months ago I was saying that Sussex was a terrible place for charge points. I'm pleased to see that it is now much more accessible. All new points are on CYC and have used the card. I have not yet tried the app.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Saturday 2nd September used the Hollyhedge charger in Cobham approximately under 30 minutes 12.6Kwh charge, COST £7.50
It was a couple of hundred yards from where I wanted to be and was very low. I won't be making that mistake again

·
Registered
Kona SE
965 Posts
I guess that Surrey has agreed a different charging structure. In Sussex it is 25p per minute for the first ten minutes then £1 per minute after that. A 30 minute charge would therefore be £22.50:eek:. Taxi might be cheaper.

I wonder where that sits with the new consumer rights legislation. Should the charger sound a warning before switching to the higher rate?;)

Good for PHEVs though.

We now have to add pricing strategy into our journey planning.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess that Surrey has agreed a different charging structure. In Sussex it is 25p per minute for the first ten minutes then £1 per minute after that. A 30 minute charge would therefore be £22.50:eek:. Taxi might be cheaper.

I wonder where that sits with the new consumer rights legislation. Should the charger sound a warning before switching to the higher rate?;)

Good for PHEVs though.

We now have to add pricing strategy into our journey planning.
I asked @CYC on twitter to clarify new charging on Sussex chargers, it seems ridiculous on the map.

If you ask me, the CYC charge point owner interface should make it very difficult to set up a tariff that is too complicated to convey in less than 10 words.

·
Registered
Kona SE
965 Posts
Thanks for sharing that. I have been meaning to contact CYC before entering the tariff on plugshare. Still slightly negative for BEVs. I did not read the minimum fee of 3.50. Logical otherwise it seems to encourage charger hopping. I had envisaged the following scenario...

Arrive empty at Newhaven heading West. Charge 9:59 and then on to Lewes, then Brighton, then Storrington and finally Midhurst. After that you are in the hands of Chargepoint Genie and a whole new charging strategy before reaching either the free (for now) Chargemasters of Wiltshire or the predictability of CYC Dorset.

To think once that it was just about finding the next working charger within a 60 mile range. Zap map used to have gaps between the dots when you first opened it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Not exactly - you wouldn't charge there all the time. Even if you did, it would be comparable to an ICE.
Good morning Tim you are right I wouldn't charge there again unless It was an emergancy since there are two Ecotricity charges less than five miles away on the M25 a little more time and planning deeded in my next journey there.
What I am concerned about is that £7.50 may become the norm for a charge in the future

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Anyone know whether the Midhurst charger is charging now? It worked with Ecotricity card a few weeks ago :)
If it is charging for charging is the App reliably there? I haven't got a CYC card.

·
The best there is at what I do
10,922 Posts
Not exactly - you wouldn't charge there all the time. Even if you did, it would be comparable to an ICE.
But an ICE doesn't take over 30 mins to fill up, there has to be a perceived advantage to buying a very expensive EV and I can't see this encouraging EV take up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts