Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Had mine done on Friday when it went in for the BMS update. It popped up on their screen as being issued that morning, and they said I might still get a notification about it because it was so new that they couldn't flag it as completed. Pretty efficient service from my experience.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My car was in for the BMS update last friday ,had a call this morning telling me I need to come in for the braking system update . Booked in for this friday morning .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Called my dealer today to book the brake recall.
Dealer said I had to book through Hyundai UK as they want to record what recalls have been done and by which dealer.
Smacks of a lack of trust doesn't it.
Called Hyundai UK, who contacted my Hyundai dealer, who then told Hyundai UK when they could do it, and Hyundai UK asked if the date (29 Dec) was agreeable to me.
What a palava!
So the brake recall will be done then, as well as the granny plug condom thingy.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Campaign code : 01D102
Getting it to day, here in Norway, that was fast from Hyundai. :)
Had my BMS update today. They also did: OBC Upgrade, OSEV Charge performance improvement and recall to update ABS/ESP. There was also one more that their engineer was not trained on so didn't do. This was called 3-Phase OBC Option inspection. No idea what that is!

My car was delivered in March 2020.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
The recall is for post May 2019 cars?
I've not had anything asking me to attend. Car was delivered July 2019, so I imagine it was built just before this 'feature' was added.
(I did glance at the plate in the passenger door reveal the other day, but couldn't see any obvious date.)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
This was called 3-Phase OBC Option inspection. No idea what that is!
My guess is to fix the issue with some 3-phase EVSEs where the car would short two phases together, potentially damaging the OBC and the EVSE.
The fix is a software update, maybe inspection to to see if the OBC had damage to the relays due to the issues.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Since my updates yesterday, under EV settings, I now see a 'WINTER MODE' tick box option. Am I imagining that this is new? or would it have been there before??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Recall notice arrived this morning. Booked in for Thursday 5th Feb. Hopefully it won't take long to do?
Dan.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Can you tell me what the three updates are? Because I took an i10 to the Hyundai dealer last week and while I was there I asked about updates and recall for my Kona. Answer was none applicable, but I get a recall notice a few days later.
Just for info the i10 was my daughters and she had gone to Kwik fit for new tyres. A 66 plate with 19000 miles and first tyre change. One of the factory fitted outside weights when removed uncovered seriously bad corrosion to one of the alloys. She drove to the Hyundai dealer where they took photos and last week had a brand new set of like for like alloys fitted. What a result. What seriously good customer service.
Well done Hyundai. 10 out of 10.
Dan.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Can you tell me what the three updates are?
Not fully but I gathered one would be an ESP update. She also said something about a monitoring system (the car has already had two BMS updates). Apparently it had an additional protective cover fitted over something at a previous visit - she told me :confused:
I should get a printout when it's done and I'll post up when I have that, though it will all be in code of course.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts