994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

CCS
More luggage space than the ID3
Two battery options, one with 290 miles plus range
Nice interior
Decent charging speed capability
Platform allows decent interior space

Seems like Renault have a possible winner here...

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF e+
515 Posts
900kg tow capacity which is handy too.

The Zoe gets heavily discounted (like all Renaults) and I'd expect this to as well. If it's to be an ID.3 competitor then they need a 60kWh one to get under the grant threshold.

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
515 Posts
Renault fucking it up again:

The EV40 will only have AC 7kW?? EV40 will only be standard charge (7kW), EV60 will be súper charge (7kW AC+ 130kW DC) or optimum charge (22kW +130 kW DC).
FR configurator:

·
Zoe Devotee
9,493 Posts
Must be an error. Who on earth would try and sell a car without DC rapid charging and only 7 kW AC charging?
Renault? I mean they've got quite a history for non-rapid charging EVs.

Reactions: Rooster-x

·
Banned
Ioniq 5
26,262 Posts
Sadly.
They seem to realise a bit with the 2021 ZOE coming with CCS as standard no?
They still offer the 'Play' budget version of the Zoe without rapid charging.

So it seems consistent that they would offer a budget version of the eTech Megane. I guess it might still make sense for some people.

·
Registered
515 Posts
They should be offering the basic model with 22kw charging.
The basic should at least come with the same ca.2C charging capabilities than the EV60, which would mean at least DC 80kW CCS.

The 1C charging of the ZOE50 is, by far, it's weakest point. And I'm saying 1C being generous, it does not even reach 50kW I think.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,493 Posts
Is that a presumption that Renault are using the Zoe R motor in the Megane? Don't be daft, Renault wouldn't do something as sensible as using the same motor in multiple models.

·
Registered
515 Posts
It's a shared platform with Nissan.

Mental eh?
I think they are doing well diversifying the platform.

Megane-e will be offered in 40 or 60kWh and the Ariya in 63 or 87 kWh.

The Ariya 63kWh will have a 7.4kW AC standard type 2 charger, where the 87kWh will have the 22kW. The DC 130kW remain the same for both. However I have not seen anything about AC only Ariyas, hopefully this is just an error for the Megane.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The thing is it's the AC charger that is more expensive to do than the DC charging capability.

AC requires a high power inverter.

Offering a car with this size of battery without any DC charging capability is daft when it's not actually the thing that adds a lot of cost, it's an artificially engineered situation.

Fine if you are buying new and can spec it, but I can imagine the used market being awash with non-DC models nobody wants. It also adds to confusion among people buying for the first time.

Anyways, if the lease deals are right this is definitely on my Ioniq replacement short list.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts